Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Pulse for Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 11:20 PM
Charlie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Don, this is a Harmon Kardon description of the Traffic Pro. From what I can tell these units are no longer being made by HK or Becker. I am not sure there will be much in the way of future navigation disc updates. If you look around you can buy one for the price of an indash radio. The one I just bought I got from Cartoys in Texas. I looked up Cartoys in Texas using online Yellow Pages. The second store I called had one left so I bought it, they forgot to send the antenna and I have not had time to hook it up. They are suppose to be easy to use. Here is a link to a BMW TP user site.

http://www.waycoolinc.com/z3/01/081501/official.html

From your wiring diagram is looks as if the correct wire comes out of the DME. I will give it a try, thinks for the diagram

TrafficPro has 8mb of on-board RAM, allowing navigation data to be downloaded for lightning fast access. In addition, you can remove the navigation CD and play your favorite music CD while navigating.
Dot-Matrix Display- Easy to read even in brightly lit locations.
Display Color- Backlighting is reversible and can be activated using the vehicles dash light switch.
Easy to operate soft-key menu operation.
Double Security - Security code protected + detachable front panel.
Language Selectable- Voice Prompts can be delivered in 5 languages.
Aux Input – (accessory harness required) allows connection of additional sources such as satellite radio and MP3 players.
GAL (speed sensitive volume) – Audio output increased proportionate to vehicle speed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Navigation

Easy and Safe – Turn-by-turn voice prompts allows user to keep his or her eyes on the road.
Simultaneous Operation – Allows user to listen to CD or radio while navigating. Music is automatically muted during voice prompts.
Favorite Destination Storage – Specific destinations can be stored for repeated use.
Destination Memory – Last 50 destinations can be recalled.
P.O.I .– Point of interest can be accessed via menu operation. ( includes Gas Stations, ATM, Hotel and much more).
Info-Key – Displays remaining distance, arrival time, destination and vehicle position.
Modes of route computation - User can select short/quick route, with/without highways, with/without tolls.
Upgradeability – Intelligent hardware allows easy upgrade of navigation and operating system software via CD-ROM
Software design efficiency – Innovative navigation software compilation allows all content to be stored on two CD-ROMs facilitating easier operation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Compact Disc Player

Direct Track Access – A specific track can be accessed by selecting the track number. (When optional CD Changer is connected.)
Programmable Disc Title – Compact disc title can be programmed. (When optional CD Changer is connected.)
Random Play – Track order can be played randomly.
Audible Search – Allows user to audibly search through a specific track.
Display CD Track Time – Number of tracks and total playing time can be displayed.
CD-Changer Control – A Harman Kardon CD Changer can be purchased and controlled from the front panel of TrafficPro.

Tuner

Dual RDS Tuner - Guarantees optimum tuner performance.
Alphabetical Station Search – Stations can be accessed in alphabetical order.
Station Search- Stations can be searched in ascending or descending numerical order.
PTY –(when RDBS is available) Stations can be selected by type (News, Sports, Rock)
Auto-Store – Presets can be stored at the touch of a button.
Station Memory – 48 Preset stations can be stored.

Additional Features

35 x4 watt amplifier – On-board high-output amplifier delivers optimum system design flexibility.
2 Front, 2 Rear and 1 subwoofer/center line outputs – Pre-amp level outputs allow for easy connection to separate power amplifiers.
Telephone hands free speaker input – Allows user to use vehicle speakers for hands free telephone operation.
Adjustable system controls – User can adjust bass, treble, balance, fader, and loudness control from tone control menu

Quick Reply: Speed Pulse for Navigation