Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Would you be for or against a public smoking ban(details in post)
Support smoking ban
71.93%
Oppose smoking ban
28.07%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

OT- Can you guys/gals please answer my quick survey/public opinion poll

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005 | 04:22 PM
flosho
Pro

Default OT- Can you guys/gals please answer my quick survey/public opinion poll

I'm conducting a little straw poll to see what people reactions are as our local town just did this and I have to make a poll and stuff for my Politics class... Please just answer the poll truthfully, yes or no.

Basically its a question about a local smoking ban, if you would support it or not, it would mean that people could not smoke in public restaraunts, where alcohol is not at least 50% of their sales, so basically anywhere except a bar or "private club".

The actual question is(it wouldn't all fit in the poll question box):

Would you be for or against a public smoking ban, that would ban people from smoking in public restaraunts where alcohol sales are less than 50% of their revenue?

Thanks
Old 11-21-2005 | 04:38 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Being snowed in was bad enough. But being snowed in with a demented poodle, he needed every ounce of his strength to survive. Every day, the poodle put on an apron and opened another can of beans. That was all they had: beans. The cabin was full of them. Pork and beans, chili with beans, black beans, pinto beans, red beans, and garbanzos. Are you sure garbanzos are beans? he asked the poodle one morning when they were eating breakfast. Sure I’m sure, the poodle said. What kind of person do you think I am? And so he ate the garbanzos. Later, they were washing dishes. I think I’m pregnant, the poodle confided. Pregnant? he said. How can that be? You’re not even a female. So that’s what you think of me, the poodle howled. And so he apologized. What could he do? There were several months of winter left.
Old 11-21-2005 | 04:47 PM
jgporsche
Drifting

I know they have already started that in the state of florida.
Old 11-21-2005 | 04:47 PM
Mello
Rennlist Member

I support it. I manage bars here in NYC, but I dont smoke. We've had the ban for a few years now. I feel healther. When I started working in bars I began to get random rashes and eczema. Since the ban the symptoms went away. Business hasnt suffered here.
Old 11-21-2005 | 04:53 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

here in cali, you can't smoke in public places... no resteraunts, bars, not even inside buildings. Being a non smoker, I love it! Hell yea I support it. Just went to vegas, and it took me by surprise that everyone was smoking inside, till i remembered it was just a cali thing.
Eyal
Old 11-21-2005 | 04:55 PM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

not to mention people walking down the street with half-empty 40's just taking swigs whenever they felt like it. ooooh, what a town.
Old 11-21-2005 | 04:55 PM
apierce918
Addic
Rennlist Member

some counties here in michigan have banned smoking in restraunts. im not a smoker so it doesnt bother me, i dont have a tendency to lean one way or the other. i can tolerate a little second hand, as long as its not thick
Old 11-21-2005 | 04:56 PM
Skip
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

A woman was trying to find a sensitive man by going to a local singles bar. Finally, she met a very nice man who cared about her feelings and listened to her problems. He seemed like the perfect guy.

So, one night, she asked if she could go home with him. Upon entering his apartment, he gave her a tour that ended up in the bedroom. In the bedroom were a lot of stuffed animals. Hanging from the ceiling were large stuffed animals - then, on the walls were smaller stuffed animals - and, on the floor were even smaller stuffed animals. On seeing this, she feared that he might be gay or something. But, to her surprise, he threw her on the bed and they made love for hours.

Afterward, she rolled over and wispered in his ear "So, how was I?" To which, he replied "You can choose your prize from the floor."

Last edited by Skip; 11-21-2005 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-21-2005 | 05:12 PM
freshlax944
Advanced

i have 15 blankets on my bed but somehow i seem to get d's in my zoo-ology class. i mean honestly when you eat cake for breakfast is it entirely necessary to scrape the icing off and put it in your orangejuice, the orangejuice has 100% of your vitamins. if three rabbits jumped out of a burrow and four jumped in then how many would be left? obviously the answer is 19. how many red blue birds does it take to lull a one leged centipede to sleep?

freshlax944
Old 11-21-2005 | 05:18 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Old 11-21-2005 | 05:21 PM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

....................................sometimes i wonder about this place..........
Old 11-21-2005 | 05:46 PM
Scootin159
Drifting

We've had the ban for a few years here in NY (ban here includes bars). Prior to the enactment plenty of people complained all the bars would go out of business (yeah right). Since it's been enacted though I've yet to hear a complaint, and as far as I can tell the bars are doing just fine. If anything they're doing better now that non-smokers don't mind the atmosphere as much.
Old 11-21-2005 | 06:33 PM
silverBean
Burning Brakes

I would be against the ban, I am a smoker. One thing though, I do not condone smoking, as hypocrytical as that sounds. Smoking is bad for people, but only the person smoking. Many people don't know this, but the "studies" that the Amerincan Heart Association, as well as the American Lung Association as well as Smoke Free Educational Services among others, are bogus. True, the EPA did do a study in 1993, which all of these organizations go by, and it stated that 3,000 people die annually in the U.S. due to second hand smoke. Well, in 1998, a Federal Court, with Judge Osteen presiding, ruled that the study was basically crap. In the ruling, Osteen is quoted, "EPA's procedural failure constitutes a violation of the law." And later the ruling states, "..the EPA cherrypicked its data." Basically they intentionally made the study to oppose smoking and secondhand smoke, giving anti-smokers a rallying cry, alas, its crap. Feel free to do your own research, I have. I still DO NOT smoke in front of or near children, just out of morality and consideration towards them and their families. But if I go to a club, or when I am just out, and it is an ADULT atmosphere, if I want to smoke, I should be able to. And without having to go outside when it is winter and freeze my @$$ off. That's my piece.
Old 11-21-2005 | 06:39 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Non-smoker but against a ban. I can choose my place to eat with my wallet. If they don't have a good non-smoking section then my wallet chooses to not go back but it's my choice and by my freedom.
Old 11-21-2005 | 06:40 PM
shmucklebuckle
Three Wheelin'

Quick Reply: OT- Can you guys/gals please answer my quick survey/public opinion poll