Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cleaning out the Garage - Free / Low-Price 944 Stuff. . .

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 04:49 PM
35thSLP
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm interested in one of the guage surrounds. Pm me with shipping to Dallas.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:15 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

OK will do. One spoken for.

All the shipping quotes will go out tomorrow or Wednesday since I won't have time to do 'em sooner.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:26 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm, I may be interested in second dibs on the seats. Can you find out how much to ship to 44122?
Old 11-14-2005, 05:49 PM
jwlester
Rennlist Member

Has anyone confirmed on the mats? If not I'll take them. Let me know shipping to 27606.

thanks, Josh
Old 11-14-2005, 06:12 PM
apierce918
Addic
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jwlester
Has anyone confirmed on the mats? If not I'll take them. Let me know shipping to 27606.

thanks, Josh
too late
Old 11-14-2005, 06:16 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeff, Have an instrument bezel left? The mounting post behind the vents on mine is busted and the rattle drives me nuts.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:47 PM
gregeast
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Hi Jeff,

I'll take the rear belts. PM sent as well.

Greg
Old 11-14-2005, 08:59 PM
944emt
Cruisin'

Hi Jeff,
how much is shipping to 79414 for the engine mounts?
Old 11-15-2005, 09:39 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Okay guys thanks for the responses. Here's the pic of the mats that didn't get loaded before:

I believe wizkid918 had dibs on 'em but I've got you other guys that were interested in line behind if he doesn't want them.

The seats will be pricey (and FWIW McFly944 won't be taking 'em so you're first in line Manning); I'll try to get a definite number but simply finding a box for those might be difficult. Freight might be an option, but I'll have to do some checking later in the week. Everything else I'm going to try and get boxed up today and over to the shipping place to get prices on.

Here's the status as of right now. Red stuff is sold or pending, green stuff still available.

944 Coolant Tank
Yeah, yeah, it's kinda' yellow (like every other one out there), but no leaks or anything. For an early car. Might fit a later one too - not sure.
$10 OBO + shipping

951 Coolant Tank
This is the old one out of my car. It works fine but has a blob of some kind of epoxy/sealant on it that was there when I bought the car. I think it was an attempt by the P.O. to repair a leak. Dunno. If it was, it worked - never leaked on me. "Pre-Yellowed" for your enjoyment!
Free + shipping

944 Engine Mounts
These are used, but appear to be in good condition. They came pre-installed on a crossmember I bought to use as a core and I don't need them.
$10 + shipping - Pending to 944EMT

Interior Panel for 85.5+ Car
This one goes overhead between the rear of the sunroof and front of the hatch. It's in reasonably good shape except it is cracked and needs to be repaired or braced somehow otherwise there's nothing supporting the vinyl covering. See pics below for what I mean.
Free + shipping. Pending to The DareDevil (Derek)

Rear Seat Belts
Very good shape except there is some deformation / cracking of the plastic sleeves. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the inertia reels, belt webbing, latches, etc. Mechanically sound and fine from a safety standpoint.
$10 OBO + shipping. Pending to gregeast (Greg)

951 Radiator
I'm pretty certain this has a small leak in it but I've not taken it in to be pressure tested or anything. I had been losing coolant at the rate of about a quart per 150 miles, so I bought a new radiator and installed it - no coolant loss since doing so. Whether it was the radiator itself or the process of replacing it (and several hoses & clamps "while I was in there") I don't know. You could probably take it to a radiator shop and have it fixed for way less than the price of a new one even if there is a leak, I just didn't have time to monkey around with it.
$25 + shipping.

Pair of Coil Springs / Struts
I'm pretty sure these are from an early car. I'm sick of tripping over them, so get 'em out of here.
B.O. + shipping.

Early car Windshield Wiper Motor + Linkage
I removed this assembly from my car because the wiper motor was running/turning but not moving the linkage or wiper arms at all. I think the piece with the nut on it might be rounded out by the splines on the motor, but I picked up the whole assembly and just swapped out the entire assembly rather than troubleshoot it piece-by-piece. It might be fixable or fine if you only need the motor, or feel like disassembling the linkage for other needed parts.
$10 OBO + shipping

85.5+ Instrument Surround
I have two of these. . .
In good condition. No cracks or anything like that.
$10 each + shipping. Pending to 35thSLP and ibkevin

Lloyd Floor Mats
Black. These should fit either early or late cars and are in excellent condition. I got Techquipment ones and no longer need these. No stains, tears, etc.
$25 OBO + shipping. Pending to wizkid918 (Andrew)

951 Cruise Control Servo
Might also fit other 85.5+ models. Pretty sure it works fine.
$10 OBO + shipping. Pending to hderr

Here's pics of the seats (for Manning and anyone else that's interested). Like I said, there's a small tear in the driver's side material (vinyl) right near the hinge point. Happened right after I got them - it really upset me at the time, but it hasn't progressed any since then, so I think the material isn't stretched or stressed in that area and it was more of a sewing/craft issue on the part of the guy that did the covering. I imagine you could probably pull the skins off and have it patched/resewn but I didn't bother since I had my original leather ones in at a shop being recovered (I now have them back in the car, which is why I don't need these ones - they were my "get around until I can around to picking up the nice ones" seats). There's also some kind of problem with the seat back release on the driver's side (sticks, works only intermittantly) which I'll try to diagnose and if possible fix (I'll let you know). Other than that, WYSIWYG.

I'm not even sure what to ask for these. Maybe in the $175 range (?) since they're not perfect and shipping is going to be a factor cost-wise. I'm negotiable so make an offer if that sounds high. I'm not trying to make a lot of $$$ here, just get 'em gone more than anything since I need space more than spare parts right now.

Thanks guys. I'll let you know the estimated prices when I get 'em (hopefully later today).

Last edited by Porsche-O-Phile; 11-16-2005 at 06:44 PM.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:45 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Jeff,

I have no idea what to offer, but I don't think your price sounds out of line. Maybe come up with shipping or freight charges and we can work from there. The seam tear is no big deal. I was thinking too, I have seen other folks split the seats at the hinge for shipping so that they can be packed in a more compact flatter box. Maybe try looking at them that way. Also, bear in mind that those will ship to a business (my office), which has a full height loading dock, so that may reduce the cost of shipping a bit.

And yes I am compromising weight savings for comfort. Well, for my wife at least. She hates the Momos I have right now.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:58 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 62 Posts

Jeff PM me if you still have the 951 struts
Old 11-15-2005, 01:03 PM
dean944
Racer

I'll take the seats if Manning doesn't. I just caught that the seats were avail. I need them bad. Mine are horrible and I hate the seat covers sliding around all the time.

Give me a ship quote if he doesn't take them. fedEx freight is okay too. Not sure which is cheaper, ground or freight.

Old 11-15-2005, 01:04 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Confirming the bezel
Old 11-15-2005, 06:34 PM
nathan944
Instructor

if the motor mounts arent gone by now ill take those.... However they said sold or pending
Old 11-16-2005, 06:46 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

I think 944EMT got dibs on 'em - I'll let you know if it doesn't work out.

I'm heading off to the post now to get some shipping prices (finally).

Quick Reply: Cleaning out the Garage - Free / Low-Price 944 Stuff. . .