Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight rubber trim piece...how does this go back on?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 08:17 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Headlight rubber trim piece...how does this go back on?

I picked up the vented nose panel from my buddies body shop earlier today and mounted it up earlier. Took about 2 hours of work...mostly because i didnt think so much of the rear support for the panel needed to be cut off! Anyway, there are these rubber pieces that squeeze under the nose panel, they cover up the two bolts on each side. I took them out (they just pull out with a bit of force) however i cant figure out how to get them back in. Any ideas?

The panel is mounted up, however no pictures yet. Maybe later tonight. I took a bunch of pictures while mounting it up so i can do a write up on how its done, will post later tonight.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:18 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 98 Posts

Jon, I THINK that the one in your pic is actually upside down and belongs on the other side. The recess in the upper half of the piece as shown in the pic is where the ends of the two studs will nestle. I believe you can actually see the marks in the picture that the two studs left as the piece was pulled out.

You have to just push them in. A little soapy water might also help.

Last edited by 500; 11-10-2005 at 10:26 PM.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:47 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Allan you are probably right, i should have noted the orientation of these buggers before i pulled them out, but like any job i neglected to do so . Will attempt the soapy water trick tomorrow when i squeeze these damn things back in...thanks!
Old 11-10-2005, 11:44 PM
SD Porsche Fan
Cast Iron Man
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by amjf088
Jon, I THINK that the one in your pic is actually upside down and belongs on the other side. The recess in the upper half of the piece as shown in the pic is where the ends of the two studs will nestle. I believe you can actually see the marks in the picture that the two studs left as the piece was pulled out.

You have to just push them in. A little soapy water might also help.
Ditto what amjf088 stated. Try it on the other side. I just started by shoving in one end closest to the middle of the nosepanel and worked it in across. The sopy water idea is pretty good but I just had to squeeze the one end in to start and didn't have too much trouble.

Quick Reply: Headlight rubber trim piece...how does this go back on?