Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Experience Buying From Jake 944cs

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 06:04 PM
Sam I am
or Sam O
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I called Visa, they said I must contact the merchant (Pay-pal), since the orignal transaction was through them. I did and filed a claim. The claim was denied and deferred because I filed well after the 45 day limit. However, it will go on his record as unresolved but, they can not force him to pay up.

Therefore, I will be acting through the above websites. If anyone here knows Jake, now would be a good time to speak to him and let him know he will have third party fraud groups looking into this. I have contacted him and no response for over a month now. Also, others have tried with no action on his part.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:30 AM
Magown
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread reaffirms the suspicions I had and makes me glad I never sent him any money for the pistons he had for sale earlier this year. I patiently a few weeks waiting on him to check the tolerance group but he always had a test to study for or some other lame excuse, I figured he was a flake so stopped bothering him.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:43 AM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

I'd also report this to the police in his town as fraud or mail fraud if you can. Maybe he will wake up if a cruiser with some boys in blue stops by.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:55 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

wow this still isint resolved?

I thought for sure right after this thread came out it was going to be handled.

I guess you never know about some people
Old 12-08-2005, 11:48 AM
Porsh-uh
Burning Brakes

Hey Streckfu, your disdain for FSU makes me a little irritated, but I have to admit...

The "Honk if you sacked Drew Weatherford" is pretty darn hilarious.

Florida State Univeristy - 2005 ACC Champs.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:00 PM
sharky47
Set to Full-Auto
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 67 Posts

I talked to Jake yesterday afternoon via AIM, pointed him to this thread.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:06 PM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sam, 1zrv85660358068815, insured for $400.

magown, i am truly sorry that my studies came before measuring piston tolerances on a spare engine i was going to part out. maybe one day i'll realize i should drop out of school and become your personal mechanic. (also, i might add that the course of our discussions regarding the pistons was over only a two-week span) Upon realizing i would have no time to strip it i listed the entire engine for sale in the classifieds and posted about it and within a few days it was sold. That is where your pistons went.

i have done business with countless rennlisters here on the list. sam is the first and only one to have any complaints. although i guess it really does not matter since my reputation is already defamed. all it takes is one.

ted, sorry bro. i've been looking for you online on aim to try and catch you. i've just been hired recently at my second job and with being a fulltime student as you know i don't have much time to spare. since i got a new phone when mine broke a little while ago i lost your number. i was going to call you back after you left a message but it was deleted and i didn't have a number to call you back at. that is completely my fault and i apologize. i will be back on rennlist regulalrly most likely after saturday. it's been tough moving and dealing with two jobs and school, and to add to all that dan's unfortunate passing. anyway, as of now my current focus is on ending this semester properly. 3 finals down so far. 3 more to go.

streckfu, regarding the boys in blue knocking at my door, i don't really mind. i can provide two separate receipts for previous shipments to him which have been returned. i can also provide logs of dealings i have had with ups. there isn't anything to incriminate me. anyway, moving on....

i have received the complaint through paypal. i already took care of that. no harm done.

Last edited by Jake 944CS; 12-08-2005 at 05:12 PM. Reason: spelling errors
Old 12-08-2005, 05:40 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

well looks like he is doing what he needs to do. and thats all anyone can ask

Sometimes things happen in life that cause un expected delays and situations. It can happen to anyone. Sounds like he is making good on his claims and is working towards getting a resolution.

Jake glad to hear your on the up and up man. Take care of this guy and im sure your rep will come back.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:20 PM
Magown
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jake 944CS
magown, i am truly sorry that my studies came before measuring piston tolerances on a spare engine i was going to part out. maybe one day i'll realize i should drop out of school and become your personal mechanic. (also, i might add that the course of our discussions regarding the pistons was over only a two-week span) Upon realizing i would have no time to strip it i listed the entire engine for sale in the classifieds and posted about it and within a few days it was sold. That is where your pistons went.
You better stay in school there are already enough Jake (leg) mechanics around. Don't forget YOU are the one who responded to my WTB post and the one who waited my time, so don't get your panties all wadded up when you get called out. Unless this Sam guy gave you a bad address the fact that you took half a year to get a package delivered is just about as lame as Wolf McLeod posting about the dealer he overpaid for his car.

I have a feeling if he had not bumped this thread and everyone jumped on your case he would still be waiting for his tracking number as you hid behind your broken phone, jobs, and school books.

The least you could do is say you're sorry to him, you've said it to everyone else but not Sam or better yet send him his money back for the missing steering shaft if you're so worried about your reputation.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:41 PM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

magown, i may have responded to your wtb post, but you had no reason to previously have "suspicions" about me. there had been no previous claims to my reputability, and i kept you informed of my activities during the two weeks we pm'd each other (which were ironically enough around semester finals last semester) that is all i was alluding to. you were making an unfounded claim and were portraying yourself as an arrogant a$$hole when you said you had your suspicions "reaffirmed." yet another one gets added to the ignore list. goodbye.

i will not respond to any more posts in this thread.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:03 PM
Sam I am
or Sam O
Rennlist Member

Jake, tracking number can't be found on either USPS or UPS website. Perhaps you typed it wrong?
Old 12-08-2005, 07:09 PM
Zero10
Race Car

amishman66, it's quite possible that it may take up to a full day before the number is available on the UPS web site.
Since it starts with 1Z, it's a UPS number, not USPS.
Hope this all works out for you. I got screwed by a guy on rennlist too, and almost a year later, still have nothing.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:12 PM
Sam I am
or Sam O
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the info Zero10, I also hope your situation is fixed.

I guess I will wait and see.

I am truly tired of this situation. I have put way too much time and energy to try to resolve this - and none of it was my responsiblity.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:16 PM
icat
Race Car

Well, it worked for me...

On Time
Scheduled Delivery: Dec 14, 2005

Shipped or Billed on: Dec 8, 2005

Tracking Number: 1Z RV8 566 03 5806 881 5
Service Type: GROUND
Weight: 12.60 Lbs
Note: Your package is in the UPS system and is on time with a scheduled delivery date of Dec 14, 2005.

Package Progress:

Date/
Time Location Activity

Dec 8, 2005
7:14 P.M.
US
BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
5:42 P.M. MESQUITE, TX, US PICKUP SCAN

Tracking results provided by UPS: Dec 8, 2005 9:12 P.M. Eastern Time (USA)

Good luck with the finals Jake.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:12 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

See there ya go. All taken care of

thanks for the post icat

Quick Reply: Bad Experience Buying From Jake 944cs