Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Experience Buying From Jake 944cs

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 10:57 PM
inactiveuser92616
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will get your stuff or jake will make it right, I have had a few deals with him and all went well.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:48 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 62 Posts

I know Jake personally. Forgive me for sounding bias, but Jake has always followed through with what he said. It's not his fault UPS is a bunch of ****ing morons (to put it bluntly)

I just had a problem with UPS because I ordered a Momo Porsche horn button for my new steering wheel only to have been lost somewhere in Nevada, yet they blamed it on Hurricane Wilma! Don't know about you, but hurricanes don't hit Arid climates and Deserts

I can guarantee you that Jake is not trying to make this difficult for you in ANY WAY. You two are innocent victims of circumstance. The middle man (UPS) is the idiot here.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:46 AM
Sam I am
or Sam O
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me make something clear. All I asked for is to recieve a steering rack or my money back. I payed for a service I did not recieve. I did not asked to be ignored, swore at and given excuses while he had time to sell and deliver others items. I continually asked what the status was. Let me also remind you that I have went through John D first, I am not just flying off the handle.

I have been extremely patient and understanding. I am sure no one else here would like to be harrassed just because they want a service they have paid for. It has been almost 3 months since UPS lost the rack and he has still not sent it! That has nothing to do with UPS.

I am not accusing him of anything except not delivering and being unprofessional.

Last edited by Sam I am; 11-09-2005 at 03:14 AM.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:39 AM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...who would take a loss 3x instead of just refunding the money and be done with it?
Old 11-09-2005, 04:55 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Amish,
though I understand your concern, I do want to re-affirm that Jake is a stand up guy, and you will not be screwed.
Eyal
Old 11-09-2005, 08:39 AM
dean944
Racer

Jake drop the ball here and he SHOULD be called out.

Maybe after 2 tries with one carrier, he should have tried a different one.

USPS doesn't screw up like UPS. USPS has never lost a package of mine. They will ship larger packages now with tracking.

UPS has always SUCKED !

Last edited by dean944; 11-09-2005 at 09:28 AM.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:59 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dean944
Yeh, like stand up guys take money for a service and don't deliver for 3 months and furthermore ignore emails regarding the status.

What are you guys? A BUNCH OF APOLOGISTS?

I vote for this thread to be closed.

It's really just between Jake and Amish.

The people that are standing up for Jake have had personal dealings with him and think he is a genuinely nice guy. There is no harm in them expressing that. However, speculations as to his character (as the above) are not called for.

I understand Amish is upset, and maybe rightly so, but this thread has run its course.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:44 AM
Sam I am
or Sam O
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tifosiman
It's really just between Jake and Amish.
True but it ins't possible to discuss things when emails and PM's are not returned for two months. Therefore, this post.

Originally Posted by tifosiman
I understand Amish is upset, and maybe rightly so, but this thread has run its course.
Agreed. My point is made and here for reference. I appreciate the responses but it was not meant to be a bash fest.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:49 AM
Sam I am
or Sam O
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jake 944CS
mr. onuska, shall i send a singing telegram announcing the tracking number to you?
And yes Jake, I would like a singing telegram with a tracking number. At least I will be able finally know the status of my package.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:47 PM
Sam I am
or Sam O
Rennlist Member

Jake, If I don't have a tracking number by monday dec. 5th, I am reporting you to Paypal. If they can do nothing then I will go through Visa, from which my paypal funds come.

It has been more than three weeks since you AGAIN said you were going to ship and I still have heard nothing from you.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:55 PM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 183 Likes on 108 Posts

This still isn't resolved? Obviously you aren't going to get the steering rack so filing for a PayPal or CC refund is all you have left. Yeah right, what a real 'stand up' guy.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:13 AM
spedracer18
Racer

Wow.

I can't believe, after posting this thread even, that this still is not resolved. I feel for you Sam. I too am a college student, and I know it hurts to be out of $400 (or thereabouts). Good luck on your paypal claim. I have had this happen from ebay before, and I actually resorted to calling the local authorities of the seller to resolve the issue. Internet fraud is illegal. Taking money from a student is even worse (I am a little bias I suppose).

On a lighter side, I hope your ME degree is going well. I was completely lost in Biomechanics (the BMEn equivalent of an introductory ME course).
Old 12-01-2005, 01:59 AM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dean944

USPS doesn't screw up like UPS. USPS has never lost a package of mine. They will ship larger packages now with tracking.

UPS has always SUCKED !
USPS has lost countless things of mine. UPS on the other hand, has done well for me. The point is that it just depends on the day and your luck.

Jake is not out to get anyone, I am sure there are plenty of logical reasons for what is going on.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:50 AM
The_Phantom
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by formerGMguy
Remember, you can always get your money back through paypal. I've had to use it once before on eBay when a guy hadn't sent me a set of wheels after a month and a half. It works quite well and the process only takes a couple weeks.
Make sure to look into this Amishman.

To bad the seller didn't use the postal service. I've had two very good experiences with filing mail fraud complaints.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:07 AM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 98 Posts

Has anyone heard from Jake recently? I can't recall any posts from the past couple of weeks. I hope he's OK.

Quick Reply: Bad Experience Buying From Jake 944cs