Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

968 rear end who wants to see it done!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 04:05 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 968 rear end who wants to see it done!

Here is what I have to offer.

A donor parts car to test on.(donated by another rennlister)
A 968 coupe rear clip (spare tire well back)
A slightly worn 968 bumper cover

A full 968 rear(in guards red) set-up includes:
Cover, tail lights, bumper struts, support, license plate bracket....and probably some more.

and my 86 951

If you have ever wanted to see this done, or ever wanted to try it...here is your chance.

I figure experiment on the donor parts car rear for fit and interference.
Then once we are satisfied of the best way to do it, then move to my actual car.
My actual car has a ding in the lower rear quarter so I figured, why not. Underneath was some bondo, so I am hoping that the damage from someone's previous accident does not effect my 968 conversion.

I am taped out as far as funds go, so what you see is what you get. I am not sure where or when this would take place but response will probably dictate that. Now if there was some place just inside of Oklahoma, that would be a drive but I imagine we could do it there.

We will need tools a place to do it and some skilled labor-or someone who is sure of themselves.(body,welding) I am located in the city of Crowley(Dallas Fort Worth) and can bring the needed parts and car(s) to any location within that area. So if you have a shop or a nice place to keep it during this conversion that would be good. I wish I could offer pizza and beer, but my wallet is bone dry....well there might be some room....

I figured this would be a good get together to take pictures, shoot the breeze and answer once and for all what would be required to get this job done....maybe we could put an article together and send it to excellence....or whoever wants it.
I figured this was a project within the DIY category(although on the outskirts and this was the best way to demonstrate this fact. I know there will need to be some painting afterwards, so I will have to figure that out later after the body work.....unless someone likes to paint

It is up to you all. I just have the parts. If nobody really wants to do it, then I will just wait until next year and do it myself...no biggy. I also have a set of 968 mirrors and handles that are just aching to go on afterwards
And if anybody wants to play a sponsor role, then I have two quarter windows that I would not mind tastefully decorating with your logo's. My front windshield corner is already spoken for.

And feel free to post what you might think will be problems etc to this thread.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:54 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 340 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by testarossa_td
Here is what I have to offer.

A donor parts car to test on.(donated by another rennlister)
A 968 coupe rear clip (spare tire well back)
A slightly worn 968 bumper cover

A full 968 rear(in guards red) set-up includes:
Cover, tail lights, bumper struts, support, license plate bracket....and probably some more.

and my 86 951

If you have ever wanted to see this done, or ever wanted to try it...here is your chance.

I figure experiment on the donor parts car rear for fit and interference.
Then once we are satisfied of the best way to do it, then move to my actual car.
My actual car has a ding in the lower rear quarter so I figured, why not. Underneath was some bondo, so I am hoping that the damage from someone's previous accident does not effect my 968 conversion.

I am taped out as far as funds go, so what you see is what you get. I am not sure where or when this would take place but response will probably dictate that. Now if there was some place just inside of Oklahoma, that would be a drive but I imagine we could do it there.

We will need tools a place to do it and some skilled labor-or someone who is sure of themselves.(body,welding) I am located in the city of Crowley(Dallas Fort Worth) and can bring the needed parts and car(s) to any location within that area. So if you have a shop or a nice place to keep it during this conversion that would be good. I wish I could offer pizza and beer, but my wallet is bone dry....well there might be some room....

I figured this would be a good get together to take pictures, shoot the breeze and answer once and for all what would be required to get this job done....maybe we could put an article together and send it to excellence....or whoever wants it.
I figured this was a project within the DIY category(although on the outskirts and this was the best way to demonstrate this fact. I know there will need to be some painting afterwards, so I will have to figure that out later after the body work.....unless someone likes to paint

It is up to you all. I just have the parts. If nobody really wants to do it, then I will just wait until next year and do it myself...no biggy. I also have a set of 968 mirrors and handles that are just aching to go on afterwards
And if anybody wants to play a sponsor role, then I have two quarter windows that I would not mind tastefully decorating with your logo's. My front windshield corner is already spoken for.

And feel free to post what you might think will be problems etc to this thread.

It sure sounds like a one sided deal! For free, maybe your local high school can try it .
Old 11-02-2005, 10:21 AM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Originally Posted by Imo000
It sure sounds like a one sided deal! For free, maybe your local high school can try it .
Some one had to say it.

Alright I will do this myself.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:09 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Here is a rear bumper on ebay that looks like it will go cheap--

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992-...11228409QQrdZ1
Old 11-02-2005, 03:24 PM
Scott M.
Rest in Peace
Rennlist Member

He shill bid it on his last attempt. I've reported him to Ebay.

Originally Posted by ventoGT
Here is a rear bumper on ebay that looks like it will go cheap--

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992-...11228409QQrdZ1
Old 11-02-2005, 04:31 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Sorry for the ignorance--what is 'shill bidding' ?
Old 11-02-2005, 08:18 PM
Super Dave
Pro

I will help you man, whatever you need. I have always wanted to do one of those jobs. Just let me know.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:25 PM
Scott M.
Rest in Peace
Rennlist Member

Cole;

An excerp from Ebay...

'...Policy- Buyer Shill Bidding It 's not permitted to......

Shill Bidding Artificially Raises the Price and Can Result in Suspension
Shill bidding is the deliberate use of secondary registrations, aliases, family members, friends, or associates to artificially raise the auction amount...'

Quick Reply: 968 rear end who wants to see it done!