Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Happy Halloween - Ghost Stories !

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 11:50 AM
pcarfan944
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts
Default OT: Happy Halloween - Ghost Stories !

I've always loved Halloween and thought it would be fun to enjoy it with some Rennlist ghost stories. Between all of us there must be a few good ones out there! I'll start.

A friend of my fathers passed away several years ago in the hospital with his family at his side. Apparently within seconds after he died, the television turned on, started quickly flipping through channels and eventually stopped on a channel with a calm, peaceful nature scene. The Nurse was in the room and said "we see this stuff all the time".

One more. My college campus is very old, with most of the buildings dating back to the turn of the century. One of the dormitories is pretty well documented and accepted as being haunted. Many students, even ones who don't believe in ghosts at all, claim to always being able to hear people laughing and stomping in the hall with no one there when you would open the door; sometimes hearing their door open and then shut again and seeing apparitions of a girl. A good friend of mine locked her door one night before going to bed, and was woken up in the middle of a night to see the door open and cracked. Her roommate was out of town for the weekend, so there was nobody else around with a key to open her door. I've been in there a lot visiting friends and hanging out and have yet to experience anything, but needless to say I won't be moving in there anytime soon - or ever !

For people who enjoy this stuff, tune into Art Bell tonight on 1500AM. He usually comes on the air around 11pm or Midnight and goes on until early morning. People call in from all over the country and tell their ghost stories, and some of them are VERY scary and really make you wonder about the the supernatural....

Old 10-31-2005, 11:53 AM
sharky47
Set to Full-Auto
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 67 Posts

Cool! Any haunted P-car stories?
Old 10-31-2005, 12:06 PM
yellowline
Under the Radar
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Supposedly a family lived in my town, last name Blood. The youngest member went insane, then killed his family and himself (a couple hundred years ago). They're buried in a family cemetary. There's a Blood Road about 1/4 mile from my house, and I can't imagine why it would be named for anything else. I should see if I can go find the cemetary...this is out in the woods somewhere in town, I would think it's near the road that is named for them. Supposedly it's not advisable to go alone because the ghosts of the family are active...
Old 10-31-2005, 12:13 PM
75ohm
Resistance is Futile
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 131 Likes on 88 Posts

Yeah, I saw a ghost yesterday. It was the ghost of the Buccaneers past with Chris Simms at the helm.

You want ghosts? Go hang out in Gettysburg in the evenings... no joke.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:38 PM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Oxford also has some stories of its own - with the motorcycle ghost being the most famous. The Miami Web site tells the legend of a man who was killed on Oxford-Milford Road en route to propose to his girlfriend. But death did not stop him from trying to reach his love, and his ghost and lone headlight can supposedly still be seen. There are a lot of rituals involved to see this ghost and its traveling light, such as touching the barn of the nearby house, seeing something alive on your way there, and traveling the exact route of the motorcyclist. The most important parts of the ritual are to park the car facing south on Oxford-Milford Road, flash the headlights three times, turn off the car and put the keys on the dashboard. After this, patience is the only thing that will bring the ghost's light over the three hills.

I did it it was an optical illusion of cars coming down the street from a mile away. I got it on video and you can clearly see that its not 1 light as it appears to the human eye but instead 2 lights (headlights of cars) very far away.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:01 PM
bleucamaro
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sharky47
My cruise control will sometimes engage itself after I've canceled it. . . nothing like cruising along at 65 and have the cruise take you up to 100+ as fast as it can.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:39 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sharky47
I sometimes hear chattering teeth coming from my hatch area!!
Old 11-01-2005, 04:54 PM
sharky47
Set to Full-Auto
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 67 Posts

In my 87 944S, sometimes the speedo wouldn't work and then it would suddenly come back to life....

Quick Reply: OT: Happy Halloween - Ghost Stories !