Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944/924 red tail lights Testors Write-up (not for 56k)

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 04:28 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 951Obsession
do you think it's possible with black? i havent pulled my tail lights apart to find out what color the actual bulbs are, but i always liked the smoked out tail light look.

testarossa, i have pics of my car in the "who has the most beautiful 944 here" thread. pg 26. do you think you could find some time to PS some of those pics together into an avatar and maybe add in a mexican flag.....considering i am the rennlist mexican ambassador? thnaks.
MichelleJD did her rear in blackout...or smoke out. I would think you could just go buy some tint and put it on there...I don't know about longevity.

Is this the car you want the avatar for....pm me the links to your posts I should use.
https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum/230137-listing-again-951-f-s.html
Old 10-05-2005, 04:37 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Dosent look like a Volvo 240 anymore. I did a write up for this a few weeks ago in the DIY section also.

I like the look, but did not tint the reverse lenses. Updates the look of the car maybe 3-5 years .
Old 10-05-2005, 05:06 PM
9five1
Pro

Hey TD.. Nice wheels, here I thought I was the only one running the 993 Targa wheels :-)

~Eric
Old 10-05-2005, 05:12 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by 951Obsession
hey, i work for DOT. come on, we're not that bad! Cal Trans Improves Mobility Across California....at least that's what we say....
I abide by FIA regulations not DOT. Replace harnesses every 5 years or re-web them. Replace helmet at expiration as well
Old 10-05-2005, 05:16 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Originally Posted by Techno Duck
Dosent look like a Volvo 240 anymore. I did a write up for this a few weeks ago in the DIY section also.

I like the look, but did not tint the reverse lenses. Updates the look of the car maybe 3-5 years .

Where is that section you mention? This is not it... http://tech.rennlist.com/

Originally Posted by 9five1
Hey TD.. Nice wheels, here I thought I was the only one running the 993 Targa wheels :-)

~Eric
I like them(loved them on the 993 Targa), though I need to find me some 1.5"spacers those are just 1".
Old 10-05-2005, 05:37 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

DOT should focus on crap that acutally matters instead of this kind of blatant "control freak" stuff. . .

Here are a few suggestions:

(1) Look at ways to redesign the friggin' east L.A. interchange. It's basically worthless as-is. Ought to be nuked and rebuilt from scratch IMO. Friggin' commute clot.

(2) Look at ways to increase enforcement of the containment (tarp, cover, tiedown) laws for so-called "work trucks" and other vehicles on the freeways. I've seen metal ladders, surfboards, toolboxes, pieces of old furniture, and gatorade jugs come loose on the highway. Scary as hell for the guy behind on a motorcycle (me) to say the least.

(3) Look at ways to enforce overweight trucks (MGVWR) coming out of the Port of L.A./Long Beach. I'd bet a significant percentage routinely operate overweight as evidenced by the number of accidents and tires shredding on the 710 every day (see also - "road hazards", below).

(4) How about arranging to have the freeways actually cleaned up once in a while? I have one particularly comical photo I took of a sign that says "Keep California Beautiful" with a MOUNTAIN of trash, road debris, etc. at the base of it. Tells you everything. Not to mention it's a hazard. C'mon guys - I'm sure there's no shortage of delinquants with community service to perform. Put 'em to use.

(5) How about fixing a few of them emergency call boxes?

(6) How about patching up some of them car-eatin' holes in the concrete occasionally?

(7) When performing road work, would it REALLY kill you guys to please either (1) use asphalt fillets/build-ups at the edges of steel plates or (2) appropriate signage or both? That way people (like my wife) won't hit the steel plates and f*ck up their alignment and antilock brakes to the tune of $600+?

(8) On a related note, is it possible to somehow do more of the road work actually during "off peak" hours? When it's done that way, bravo. Could there be some teensy-weensy bit of attention paid to not aiming those 8-gajillion-candlepower lamps directly into the eyes of oncoming drivers and actually lighting up the work area? That'd be great.

(9) If the union (or whatever) absolutely requires that there be 18 dudes standing around to watch one other poor sod digging a hole, could they be at least a bit more discrete about their screwing off? It enrages taxpayers to see this - perhaps they could take their coffee/smoke/B.S.-ing breaks a bit more out of sight?

(10) On a positive note, the freeway announcement signs recently put into service announcing travel times to various points are AWESOME!!! Good idea. More requested.

I realize a lot of this stuff might be more appropriate to CHP and local agencies, but c'mon. Someone start the processes. Peace bro'.

Quick Reply: 944/924 red tail lights Testors Write-up (not for 56k)