Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 11:57 AM
jeeper31
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Question

Does/did Porsche make a late offset 15x8 wheel for a 944? I am getting a set of race tires and am looking for 15" wheels. Was told to look for 8" onstead of 7".

Thanks
Old 09-20-2005, 12:11 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I am pretty sure the only 15x8 wheel made by Porsche were Fuch's. What size tires are you trying to squeeze onto the wheels?

Would you be interested in running at one of the BMW autocross events? It is Oct. 2nd i believe. I may be going if UPS finds my damn wheel by then! Let me know if you are interested. Let me know!
Old 09-22-2005, 11:57 AM
jeeper31
Race Car

Originally Posted by Techno Duck
I am pretty sure the only 15x8 wheel made by Porsche were Fuch's. What size tires are you trying to squeeze onto the wheels?

Would you be interested in running at one of the BMW autocross events? It is Oct. 2nd i believe. I may be going if UPS finds my damn wheel by then! Let me know if you are interested. Let me know!
Jon,
I might be interested in doing the BMW event. I think it is saturday October 1 though. I picked up Ed's tires and just bought rims off ebay. I am hoping they are delivered better than your's were. I haveto see when I get the rims and if I want to use the tires for that event. Ed said there is not much life left in them. I would definatlely consider doing it an my street tires just for the seat time. let me know if you are going.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:07 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Dan, what type of wheels did you get, the ROH types or a factory style wheel?

My clutch seems to have mysteriously stopped slipping and i found a line on a 4th wheel. So i should be able to get out there the 1st. I am probably heading down with a buddy of mine, he was driving a grey S2000 last event. It was his first event, and hes now hooked. I am looking to go mostly for the seat time as well, i doubt my 944 will be much competition against the M-series cars.

I was so close to getting top-3 last event...but freaken Tony in the 914 gets bumped into our class. What the hell!
Old 09-22-2005, 03:09 PM
jeeper31
Race Car

Originally Posted by Techno Duck
Dan, what type of wheels did you get, the ROH types or a factory style wheel?

My clutch seems to have mysteriously stopped slipping and i found a line on a 4th wheel. So i should be able to get out there the 1st. I am probably heading down with a buddy of mine, he was driving a grey S2000 last event. It was his first event, and hes now hooked. I am looking to go mostly for the seat time as well, i doubt my 944 will be much competition against the M-series cars.

I was so close to getting top-3 last event...but freaken Tony in the 914 gets bumped into our class. What the hell!
I know bummed me out too. If he wasn't bumped I would have taken 2nd and been tied in points with ed and russel. Doesn't matter though having a great time. was your friend the one who just got his S2000? i think he worked in the field with me. Think going to try to get there but not sure what is going on at home. You are right though, just for seat time because we will not be any competition.

Quick Reply: Wheel Question