Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about J-pipe connection

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005 | 11:17 PM
OhioState944
Instructor

Default Question about J-pipe connection

Well the other day, I'm driving down the road when my car just dies. It was still running but I could give it throttle and nothing would happen and as soon as I took it out of gear it died totally. So I pulled off the road and somehow the J-Pipe was disconnected from the MAF("Barndoor" sensor). So I reconnected them and it started back up and ran fine. So it ran fine for a day or two, but then today it did the same thing again. So I just figured the j-pipe popped off again, but it wasnt. It would start back up and run for a little bit, then when I would try to drive it again, it would run for a few seconds then just die again. Now my car will start and idle, but as soon as I give it any throttle it will rev up and then just die instead of going back to idle. Any ideas as to why it might be doing this? My only thought is that it is something to do with the air/fuel mixture. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-18-2005 | 11:55 PM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

might have a massive hole in the j-boot? check underneath it where all he venturis and stuff go into it.

Quick Reply: Question about J-pipe connection