Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

all back together (kinda long)

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 12:54 PM
Gear Dog
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default all back together (kinda long)

After about 2 1/2 years I finally put the car back together.
When I got the car it has a broken timing belt and it looked like the PO attempted to pull the head. Reason I say this is because parts were missing.
Well I pulled the head and let it sit for like a year in the garage before looking at it again. Then I got the bug again and took the head to be rebuilt. When I got it back my wife had our 2nd child so my wrenching was put on hold again. When I was able to work on it again I put it all back together in 2 days (both late very nights) . I went to try starting it and one of the fuel lines had a leak in it, so I bought a set of SS lines. At that point I was ready to register it figuring it would be on the road in no time. Yeah right!!! DMV told me a duplicate title had been issued and I need that one to transfer the title to my name. After several month trying to track down the title holder I explain my story to him and he agrees to help me out. Well a few months go by after that and I finally have a newly issued title signed over to me.
So Saturday I go outside to put the lines on without a hitch. Go to start the car and she cranks but doesn't turn over. I'm getting spark, and fuel all the way to the fuel rail. I rebuilt the injectors but I suspect that is the problem, because the spark plugs were dry.
At this point the wife said either sell it or take it to the shop.
I hate to let it go since I've had it for so long.
And you can imagine what she will say if I even think about another project car if I can't get this one running.
I'd also hate to take it to the shop and have him tell me that all he did was replace the injectors.
Any advise or help at this point would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:26 PM
Scott M.
Rest in Peace
Rennlist Member

Have you checked the fuel pump relay? Try jumpering the #30 and #87 terminals to see if pump is operable.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:52 PM
Gear Dog
Instructor

Well I checked the line going to the fuel rail and there is pressure in the lines.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:59 PM
jonnybgood
Burning Brakes

I doubt rebuilt injectors are failing. Are you sure all your connections for the injectors are good? One of the two brown wires from the wiring harness that connect to the block are the injector ground connections. People have posted about a noid light that will indicate if your injectors are getting a signal.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:00 PM
Scott M.
Rest in Peace
Rennlist Member

If it's not flow then it's signal... check the DME relay (smack it a few times and reinstall it )
But make sure you can hear the fuel pump whine on start. Pressure might not equal flow...
Old 09-12-2005, 03:47 PM
Gear Dog
Instructor

Cool I'll double check the grounds tonight as well as the DME.
Thanks for the feed back guys I really want to drive this car since I will have to park the motorcycle for the winter.

Quick Reply: all back together (kinda long)