Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the best tune up!!for 944!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 08:37 PM
guido944
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the best tune up!!for 944!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I VE BENN READING PAGES AND PEGES FROM EACH OF YOUR POST IN RENNLIST!!!!!Until now nobody recomment all good stuff we have available in market for 944 owners!!!, This post has the main reason you vote what things shoul be done in our cars and what not for a good tune up !!please give your idea why or why not shoul be used!!!!!from this list
-oil change every 3000 miles
-sparks plus iridum
-new wires mega cord and rotor
-new intake system 180 dollares ebay
-msd electric system
-93 oct gas
what do you think????
-
Old 09-03-2005, 08:46 PM
Giantviper
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

all seems good but if you mean a cone air filter for the new intake system i say do not waist your time. In our cars the cone air filter can actually rob a few ponies becuase you are taking in the hot air from under the hood insead of the cold air from under the wheel well in stock configuration. The only types of intake changes that might help is fabricating a cone air filter to fit in the wheel well spot (i think someone here has done that) but i am not sure what kind of results it actually gives. I just put a K&N filter in my stock airbox which works well and is cheaper then the 180 dollar intake (not sure if really ads power but may add a couple ponies) and is reusable.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:39 AM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 944Ecology
Don't waste your time with this thread or this poster... Take a look at his past postings and figure out for yourself that his questions are designed to add to the noise on this forum.

The answers to his questions are already in the archives...

There is some language barrier. And this thread isn't one to bash, answers to this question can be informative to all. I understand his old threads are uninformed, but it can't hurt to answer this question.

Yes guido, most of those are good but don't worry about teh intake, the stock intake is pretty good.

As always, a good thing to add to the list would be any and all supension bushings. Also if you need shocks, replace them. Timing belt is a key maintenance item, as well as waterpump and rollers.
Brakes, tires, fluids, the obvious stuff too.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:58 AM
guido944
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yes you are right

Thansk for nice answer !!
i was in sun valley idaho for silver car collection auctions,yesterday and saw great cars there, i note that most camaro, corvette and big american cars used msd systems there , what is the main reason will ? WHAT THEY WILL DO IN OUR POSRCHES???MASSIMO

Quick Reply: the best tune up!!for 944!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!