Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need a door panel for 6.5" speaker project...

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 07:29 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a door panel for 6.5" speaker project...

I want 6.5's up front- only possible location is where standard 4X6's went... The Turbo S & 968 have the holes pre-cut in the metal behind the panel, so, I can still use this spot, despite the fact they did not have the 4x6 speakers... I have 968 panels & do not want to cut into them until I'm SURE 6.5's will fit... there are several problems, as many here know, so.... I want one door panel- doesn't matter much which side, really, but, I guess I prefer the driver since I have it off at the moment... Either way, I just don't want to pay much, since it's a project, so, was hoping someone would have one laying around they didn't care about- it can be poor condition, even water-logged maybe, but, it DOES need to be straight enough to install correctly & the section where the speaker mounts needs to be intact... I do NOT need armrest, pocket, ANY trim pieces, controls, harware, etc... JUST the panel only & preferably the back piece that hooks into the door, but, I can do w/out that if needed... I'll gladly pay S&H... HOPEFULLY I'll be able to make something work here, as I know MANY people want larger front speakers to go w/larger rears (which are an easy fit)... any help would be appreciated...

thanks
Robby
Old 09-02-2005, 08:47 AM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can be a bit patient, I can send you the lower section of both of my panels. I'm just buried at work and it make take me a few days to ship them.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:02 AM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a burgandy driver panel that some of the seams are around teh window switches are starting to go, and its just the panel no handle or pocket.. if you want it, 5 bucks plus shipping and its yours.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:57 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

George- Thanks for the offer, but, I'm not sure the lower section-only would work... I'd like to do it as fast as possible, but, have no probs waiting a little if I had too... At this point, though, assuming Devon's works out, I think i'll go that route- I'm PMing him right now... if it does not work for some reason, though, I'll get back to you.. thanksa lot for responding..

Devon- thanks a lot- sounds good- I'm PMing you now...

thanks
Old 09-03-2005, 03:48 AM
adie
Pro

I've run 6.5's and in another 6X9's with no cutting, you might have to search the forum but it was about 18 months ago, did them in an afternoon and they cost less than you would think.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:37 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

adie- are you talking about up FRONT in an 85.5 or later car? The only ones I've seen have had custom enclosures, etc.... there's not much room there- I DO have 6X8 seperates in the REAR w/out cutting, but, you couldn't get EITHER a 6.5 OR a 6X8 up f ront w/out at LEAST cutting the door panel unless you mounted a custom enclosure & hung the whole thing out into the interior of the car..... what kind of car are you talking about here.... any input would be appreciated...

Quick Reply: I need a door panel for 6.5" speaker project...