Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Bought MY Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005 | 11:16 AM
Blue S2
Race Car

Wow! Goodness! That seemed like an insane over reaction. Keeptheuroalive, what a lot of people said here are general comments about the 944 engine, nothing was directed at your personal knowledge. You said nothing to indicate your background experience.

Many people here have successfully done engine swaps and rebuilds in their basements. Yes, 944 engines are complex and designed different. Does that mean impossible, NO! Anyone can do it.

Honestly when you said you went and picked it up and towed it back to school, it really does sound like many people that come on here buying a Porsche cause its cheap and have no clue what they are getting into. You maybe should have added a few notes about your experience and goals. No one meant to dissuade you from the boards or from posting. A lot of people do come on here thinking a cheap Porsche is a cheap Porsche and then lose their minds when they realize their $1000 project is going to cost them $15,000 to get where they wanted.

Ide say edit your post and lets start over on this one bro. We'd hate to see ya leave. Ide personally love to see what ya do with it. This community is very tight with projects like these. Lets not start on the wrong foot.
Old 08-30-2005 | 11:19 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Really, keeptheeuroalive, you should just take a step back and calm down.

Remember, we are laughing with you, not at you.

Old 08-30-2005 | 11:24 AM
Blue S2
Race Car

LOL!!!!!!! Tifo, thats one insane pic!
Old 08-30-2005 | 12:20 PM
89AZ944
Racer

Hmmm......
Sentance structure, no caps......Looks like Guido is back under ANOTHER name.....
Old 08-30-2005 | 02:52 PM
SoCal Driver
Race Car

Originally Posted by keeptheuroalive
now i know why porsche owners have a bad rep they think that they know everything about cars and i hate to break it to you but ive been working on cars for two years and i have already done full engine swaps on cars so i think i might know just a tad bit more about cars than you guys but lets just say you guys know more. well that just isnt enough for you ****ers and you have to put someone down because you have no idea what they might do with one of their cars and think it will come out as junk and it will be a waste.
and of course the electronics will be difficult but i have the full mitchell on demand cds and they are way more valuable than the stupid manuals you ******** have. and the whole thing about the pile of junk is bull**** we are stripping it to save weight because it is not gonna be a daily driver, only a track car so all i have to say is **** YOU YALL ALL SUCK AND GO BACK TO YOUR LUXURIOUS PORSCHE AND HAVE FUN DRIVING

Why, Oh why do I waste my time... Well I've got you beat! I've been working on cars for (gasp!) over 40 years. On my 83 944 for the last 22 years. I'm also a mechanical engineer (however it has yet to make me rich).

I can express myself with out the use of profanity too!

By the way the Mitchells is woefully incomplete for working on the 944's. You need the factory manuals too. I'll reflect on your hot wiring the coil to repeat; "You have no idea what you are doing".

What a waste of a good car.

Sigh...
Old 08-31-2005 | 04:13 PM
89AZ944
Racer

FYI-

I did go back to my luxurious porshe and I did have fun driving......but I do not suck
Old 08-31-2005 | 04:28 PM
TopherDow
Intermediate

I'm from the south, I've rebuilt engines and been working on cars since i was 13, and I still came to this site knowing what kind of undertaking it is to buy and work on a car like a porsche. I recognize that i know jack when it comes to these cars and I can openly admit that. I can't comprehend why he all of a sudden went off the deep end.

AND THEN HE STARTED SHOUTING LIKE THIS AFTER HE WOUND HIMSLEF UP, LIKE A 6 YEAR OLD!!!!
Old 08-31-2005 | 04:37 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tifosiman
Remember, we are laughing with you, not at you.
not me.. (BTW- I'm kidding- i just hate to see these cars bastardized)

The manuals to ANY vehicle will walk you down the road to a correct way to fix things.
These cars (944 and variants) are NOT beginners toys. A lot of us bought them because they looked cool.. and a decade later we are STILL learning things about them. Many of us have rebuilt them several times over.

heed the advice you are given- and dont get mad- get working. Hole shots, burnouts, donuts will all lead to failure- just the same as will poor mechanicsmanship will.

These cars were meant as road cars, not 1/4 mile behemoths with 600HP.
The Rennlist community is here to help, by and large, any Porsche owner who is willing to work on their car and get it running properly.
Yes, a lot of times this means to a manual spec.

or get a Ferrari to kill.
Old 08-31-2005 | 04:48 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by keeptheuroalive
now i know why porsche owners have a bad rep they think that they know everything about cars and i hate to break it to you but ive been working on cars for two years and i have already done full engine swaps on cars so i think i might know just a tad bit more about cars than you guys but lets just say you guys know more. well that just isnt enough for you ****ers and you have to put someone down because you have no idea what they might do with one of their cars and think it will come out as junk and it will be a waste.
and of course the electronics will be difficult but i have the full mitchell on demand cds and they are way more valuable than the stupid manuals you ******** have. and the whole thing about the pile of junk is bull**** we are stripping it to save weight because it is not gonna be a daily driver, only a track car so all i have to say is **** YOU YALL ALL SUCK AND GO BACK TO YOUR LUXURIOUS PORSCHE AND HAVE FUN DRIVING
Whoa! Be careful buddy. This is not a honda forum and most of us aren't 16 year old kids. First of all, watch your language and stop the name calling. If you read through this thread, nearly everyone was trying to help you out. The people that have chimed in probably have more combined experience with these cars than the people that built them!! They talk from experience, not their ego. This site can be your greatest resource ever, but not if you act like this. Think of any problem that you could possibly have, and the answer is probably in the archives!! Need someone to help turn wrenches? I can think of a few Rennlisters in Atlanta that would probably be more than happy to come and give you a hand and expect nothing in return.

I will expect you to edit that post and play nice, or you will not be welcome on this site.
Old 08-31-2005 | 05:00 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

I do like the "LUXURIOUS PORSCHE" comment. Anyone who has ridden in my car knows that it is about as "LUXURIOUS" as the Fred Flintstone car.
Old 08-31-2005 | 05:09 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

ON a side note.. "GO BACK TO YOUR LUXURIOUS PORSCHE AND HAVE FUN DRIVING"...

have fun driving we will.. thats because OUR cars work right.

Oh and Tifo-
If anyone ever wanted to know what the potential of an amazing handling 944 IS, I would suggest they ride in yours. It's on rails thru the twisties. Kudo's on a job well done.
Old 09-01-2005 | 11:55 AM
SoCal Driver
Race Car

Originally Posted by tedwright
Whoa! Be careful buddy. This is not a honda forum and most of us aren't 16 year old kids. First of all, watch your language and stop the name calling. If you read through this thread, nearly everyone was trying to help you out. The people that have chimed in probably have more combined experience with these cars than the people that built them!! They talk from experience, not their ego. This site can be your greatest resource ever, but not if you act like this. Think of any problem that you could possibly have, and the answer is probably in the archives!! Need someone to help turn wrenches? I can think of a few Rennlisters in Atlanta that would probably be more than happy to come and give you a hand and expect nothing in return.

I will expect you to edit that post and play nice, or you will not be welcome on this site.

Need a profanity filter that *****'s out the nasty, nasty words and phrases like' "how can I turbo my N/A" or "how can I put a V-8 in my 944".

Quick Reply: Just Bought MY Porsche