Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance Products = Poor Service?!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 02:29 PM
bearone
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sunset, not a supplier i'm familiar with or heard mentioned here before.

many times there's a reason for low pricing. generally poor support after the sale if you have a problem.

Old 08-25-2005, 02:30 PM
father2nate
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have ordered from PP. They seem to be OK = I personally have never had a problem. However, in the future I will be using Pelican Parts. Mainly because their BMW selection is larger, but also because prices & shipping are excellent.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:58 PM
Giantviper
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I have neverhad any problems with performance products. But i would think nboth them and UPS should be doing somehting to get ur sitiuation resolved. I would say keep calling and tell them your dissattisfaction but do not yell at them as that never helps you get anywhere (i know as i work in retail and i am much more inclined to help someone solve a problem when they do not yell and even though they are angry are pleasent to deal with).

Good luck hop[efully it wil all get staightened out.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:38 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Originally Posted by bearone
sunset, not a supplier i'm familiar with or heard mentioned here before.

many times there's a reason for low pricing. generally poor support after the sale if you have a problem.

Sunset=VERY nice(advertise in Excellence as well)

Ever go 968 handles or mirrors this is the place...they also have some other good deals.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:21 PM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Right you are on the 'be nice', Giant. With each person I talked to there, I was very nice and let them know that I knew it wasn't them personally. That's also why I didn't mention names. Sunset has been great and their prices are hard to beat. Paragon is also one of my favorites.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:50 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have the tracking numbers you can usually get the carrier, like UPS or FedEx, to figure out where the package is or what happened to it. This can sometimes be a challenge as they like to insulate the stations and drivers from the general public making telephone calls.

But if the package gets lost or destroyed, then you need to have the shipper make a claim for damages from UPS/FedEx. The carriers like to keep track of claims to see who the bad apples are so it is just standard procedure.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:30 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

It's definitely a UPS problem. If you have a choice, use FedEX [no affiliation, just in a business that does lots of shipping]. A good idea is to have stuff sent to work and make them send it with signature required, that way you can tell that someone signed for it. That way, they can't leave it on the porch. That said, Iceshark is correct in that if it went on the shippers' [in this case PerfProd's] account number, they are the ones responsible for making a freight claim, but since the driver says that he dropped it off there's not much you'll be able to do. Keep us informed of the conclusion and good luck.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:10 PM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

First off, let me state that I DO believe it was a UPS problem that started this all. I am 95% sure the driver screwed up and the package didn't get delivered. I won't go into the details, but he wound up changing where he journaled delivering.

HOWEVER, Performance Products has know this for a good 3 weeks now. A trace was completed, neighbors talked to, paperwork filled out/signed by driver and myself, etc all by mid-August. Performance has been compensated by UPS. I know this because one of the people I talked to told me, after a long conversation, "oh, I guess we did get something back from UPS on this". The last 2 phone conversations I had with the people at Performance, they told me they were crediting my account, and I quote "while we speak". After this 3rd week of no credit showing up I called the credit card company. Funny thing, and I swear I'm not making this up, she knew the company right away, said that she had even ordered from it in the past but hasn't done so after that because of the stories she's heard. She wouldn't go into details (I tried), but did say there have been disputes.

From what I can tell, they are OK if nothing in the transaction goes wrong. But it looks like if anything goes wrong (shipping/returns/wrong parts/etc.) - Good Luck!!! I won't be ordering from them anytime soon. Just thought I'd give everyone an update.

Quick Reply: Performance Products = Poor Service?!?