Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Egged

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 11:19 AM
silverBean
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Egged

So this is the third time this summer that some punks have vanadlized my car, in front of my friggin house!!! I swear I want to beat the hell out of them!!! Them and their god damn parents!!!! My sister just went out to her bus, came right bkac inside and said, "brother, someone egged yor car." Either they know her, or think because it says Porsche i'm loaded. Bastards. Well I'm gonna go wash it now
Old 08-18-2005, 11:24 AM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Get a webcam, lengthen the wire to sit in a window facing your car. lengthen the wire to reach your computer. Leave it running each night, (assuming you have a light on the car)

That's what I would do. I was thinking of buying an old 100 dollar laptop to leave in the car with a webcam going.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:41 AM
eohrnberger
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 62 Posts

Well, all I know is that a large dog that hasn't had it's dinner, so as to stay awake all night, would have barked when the bastard vandals got close and would have scared them off with his barking, not to mention waking up the entire neighborhood.

Having a 112 LBS Chessy in the house keeps all of the Seventh Day Adventists away when they see him through the window by the door. Best alarm system dog food can buy.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:50 AM
silverBean
Burning Brakes

Next up, how the hell do i get this crap off?!?!? It is barely coming off the windows, but the paint is being a bitch
Old 08-18-2005, 11:55 AM
75ohm
Resistance is Futile
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 131 Likes on 88 Posts

Mrs. Finkle: If he had held the ball laces out like he's supposed to, Ray would never have missed that kick. Dan Marino should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell!

Here's to wishing all eggers a bad case of the clap.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:08 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

unless you caught it right away.. chances are it will leave a mark...
Old 08-18-2005, 12:25 PM
ljibis
Instructor

Eggs have sulfur in them, which is not good for paint. It'll leave marks.

Use lots of hot, soapy water and patience. You'll probably have to use a polisher to get the marks out....
Old 08-18-2005, 01:01 PM
Blue S2
Race Car

Yeah, this happened to my sisters car a few times, and once the people hit my car as well. They didnt care whose car it was as long as they got who lived at the house. I was PISSED. Thank goodness it wasnt the Porsche though.

Basically i washed the car IMMEDIATELY, it was like 2:30 am. Luckily my neighbor heard it happening and called me. Use car soap and hand wash each panel multiple times. Scrub with a wash mit and soap, rinse, and repeat until its gone to your touch. It may look gone but it you feel any there, its not gone.

If the egg has hardened overnight and in the morning sun its going to be a pain. If you are REALLY having a hard time, use a little alcohol on a cloth. You will have to wash, repolish and wax immediately afterwards though.

The real issue becomes if the egg got a direct hit on the paint and left a mark. The "egg marks" look circular and broken up. You cannot fix that. You would have to repaint that. I was pissed because all the eggs hit my windows except one which hit 1" over from the rear window and left a mark on my perfect black metallic paint. So now i have an egg mark that goes down deep into the clear. I have buffed and buffed down, but its real deep. So i leave it. It pisses me off to even think about it. The same people would go ballistic if the same thing was done to them usually too. They will get whats coming to them one day.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:28 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Calling the Rennlist hit squad!
Where are those ninja's

I have a mark on mine and everytime I fill up with gas I get to look at it.
From a couple of feet away you don't see it...but I know it is there!
Old 08-18-2005, 01:43 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

someone call a ninja?!?
Old 08-18-2005, 02:02 PM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Uncooked chicked embryos wreck havoc on Porsche enamel paint jobs. Mine got shelled last year, in the middle of the night- by morning a permanent splat pattern was indelibly etched in the paint. despite being within close proximity of the car while parked- I still reent the fact I missed the entire incident. So, after nine hours of curing, the corrosive dino fetus was caustic enough to warrant prepping and a respray....DAMN! The next egger I see attempting to deface my car may get a lead egg hurled towards them.

Zach
(Still miffed)
Old 08-18-2005, 02:03 PM
silverBean
Burning Brakes

I got it out, i washed, rewashed and so on about 5 times!!!! Whoever is in the chandler gilbert area, when i catch them, we are gonna have a party. Bring your bats and your brass boys, and girls. It's clean now, but god damn, I swear. I mean I've been vandalized THREE times this summer, and it has to be the same stupid f*ck*ers.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:23 PM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Scan the Supermarkets for peculiars buying bulk eggs, and follow them...

Zach

Quick Reply: Egged