Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 12:23 AM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats not his.
it was a rennlister who got fedup of the belt slipping on the SC and parted the car out.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:17 AM
pearldrum944
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Campeck
thats not his.
it was a rennlister who got fedup of the belt slipping on the SC and parted the car out.
Is that all that was wrong with it?
Old 08-18-2005, 08:40 AM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

maybe some other stuff.
i know that every one on rennlist was BEGGING him not to part it out.

i believe he did anyway though.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:04 AM
marky522
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nope that is a wet kit, it has the port for fuel and nitrous.

Mark
Old 08-18-2005, 10:34 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, found out a few things about it....sounds like it woudl work great! I just need to know which would work better...wet or dry..anymore comments?
Old 08-18-2005, 11:01 PM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

dry man. unless the wet is port injection like the pics above.

like stated before. an S2 it may work it being an NA. but when you hit boost and something goes slightly wrong.......boom.

well...from what ive read from super tuners.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:45 PM
volv4life
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

there are numerous people running wet shot kits on volvo's under boost, fogger systems to be specific with no reported problems, these are "dry manifolds" as you describe, what about running additional injectors on a car ? i know under boost conditions its common practice especially with a piggy back type setup for people to just install the injector pre throttlebody and have it spray directly into the intake, hell volvo went as far in the 80's as making a cold start injector that did just that on their cars. is this theory that you preach or do you have something concrete to back it up ?
Old 08-18-2005, 11:48 PM
bleucamaro
Drifting

Best way: wet, port injected (as seen in the pics). Nitrous Express makes a plug and play way to do this.http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Catalog/2005/nxl.pdf

2nd: dry throttle body plate.

I'd advise against a wet throttle plate setup, but on the other hand You'd have to convert to a throttlebody injection to even do this.

Everyone here seems to be against spraying while you're in the boost. I think if the car is tuned, it would be better to spray while under pressure and here's why: Your charge air temp will be greatly reduced, meaning you will be able to run more timing and a leaner condition, which translates to more power. I think the intake temp drops alone will make it worth it. However, this also means you should be running a VERY good piggyback or a standalone computer, along with very good knock detection and the ability to retard the timing and add fuel in the event you run out of nitrous while deep in the boost. I think with a 50shot and moderate boost levels you will be safe with stock internals.

but remember what campeck says, when something goes slightly wrong. . . . . .. boom.

Good Luck.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:17 AM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

sure volvo. I knwo it sounds dumb to say i read it in a book. but the book is written by a tuner who tuns engine management systems and has so much info in it. he has detailed description of lots of project cars hes done. and a certain crx comes to mind where the 3rd dyno run he did on a fogger system fried the valves.

im sure fogger systems will work great once some ppl have dicovered what works. but would you want to be the one who tried the "lower form" of nitroud first on YOUR car. if you dont know what works and arent willing to take the risks...dont do it. wouldnt you agree?

jeez. sorry for the spelling. and i dont mean any trouble volvo. some ppl seem to think i do. but i dont.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:27 AM
ZV
Racer

Originally Posted by volv4life
volvo went as far in the 80's as making a cold start injector that did just that on their cars.
And Porsche did it in the 1970's with the "cold start valve" in the 914/4's with the BOSCH D-Jet.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:43 AM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

yes. those are cold start valves. they are to get the car running and thats about it.

they are not used for fueling each cylinder reliably and consistently. and shouldn't be because there are BETTER alternatives that are hardly not any more expensive nowadays.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:06 AM
ZV
Racer

Originally Posted by Campeck
yes. those are cold start valves. they are to get the car running and thats about it.

they are not used for fueling each cylinder reliably and consistently. and shouldn't be because there are BETTER alternatives that are hardly not any more expensive nowadays.
I quite agree. I just had to point out that Volvo wasn't being particularly innovative with that solution.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:07 AM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

ah. agreed as well.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:51 AM
bloodraven
Race Car

ok, so....dry shot into the intake? is that right? gah....so confused now!
Old 08-19-2005, 01:52 AM
volv4life
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ZV
I quite agree. I just had to point out that Volvo wasn't being particularly innovative with that solution.
if you want to be specific on innovations.. the 240's were introduced in the late 70's precursor to the 140's which ran and was also used on the 1800's as early as late 69'.. these all used Bosch D-Jet, and had the cold start function.

no pioneers on porsche's side there... i was just using it as an example.

although they're only designed to be used at startup, its common practice for volvo tuners to do a simple hack that allows the use of the injector when needed.. such as running more boost.

Quick Reply: Nitrous...