Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clock issues and complicated HVAC rambling

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005 | 06:25 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Default Clock issues and complicated HVAC rambling

Well i noticed a few days ago that the backlight on my clock stopped working. Talk about the small things in life that just drive you crazy...i keep looking at the clock and cant read it! I got around to changing the bulb today, but still no dice. Here are the circumstances

The clocks backlight dims out with no key in the ignition.
The backlight turns on when i turn the key to the accessory position (so the radio turns on...etc).
The backlight turns off when the key is in the 'on' position.
All lights (even cigarette lighter) work when i turn the headlights on, except for clock's blacklight. Is it just one bulb that needs to be replaced? Or is there one inside the clock also. Any ideas on what the deal is? Wiring problem...?

And after holding my breath for a minute trying to pop off that flimsly plastic cover for the HVAC controls, it looks like im staring at the inner workings of KITT from Knight Rider in my dash. Yeesh, i thought the slider controls were going to light up red, move side to side and my car is going to start talking to me. What the heck are the circuit boards for...the automatic climate control? I used to think most HVAC controls on a car were just a bunch of servos.

Old 10-05-2009 | 11:05 PM
Keithr726
Nordschleife Master

ever figure this out?

Quick Reply: Clock issues and complicated HVAC rambling