Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NE Ohio Wings Night?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 10:58 AM
Mike1982
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$260 for a 4-wheel alignment at Steinel's? Actually that doesn't sound that bad of a price for these cars or I could just be me.
As far as a time Michael, what time could you get there? I could meet you there when you get there but we have to see about Alex. He is coming from Kent area and if he isn't sure where it is, we can meet somewhere and go from there.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:43 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm coming down from the Beachwood area, straight from work. I wasn't sure where Alex would be coming from. Does he know how to get to our neighborhood? Maybe he can meet you at your house and you all can head down to the Wink from there. I usually leave work around 5:30, so maybe 6 or 6:15 we meet there. Too bad I don't still live in Penisula, we could have parked at my house and walked down there to eat.

Make sure he knows the traffic circle on Mull is still F'ed up, so he doesn't get too lost in the neighborhood.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:00 PM
Mike1982
Drifting

Yea, we can plan on 6 to 6:15 then. If we are ealier, I might take a few other roads out there to break him in on the roads If he doesn't post up here soon, I will call him up then. So far, just 3 of us then??.. ANYONE else coming, PLEASE post up here so we know about how many are showing up so we can give directions and know how many are coming. Other then that Michael, I will see you there if I don't talk to you later today/tomorrow then.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:17 PM
WhoDak
Instructor

Well I was under the impression that my sister was leaving on friday, but when I woke up today, the rest of her things were gone, along with her car and my mom so they left already. I'll be there for sure. If we're meeting at the winking lizard I know exactly where that's at. In the winter time on my way home from work(Boston Mills) I could make that drive in 22 minutes if I hit the lights haha, and home for me is about 10 minutes east of downtown akron.

edit: I just realized there will be 3 Mike's now...fun!
Old 08-17-2005, 01:43 PM
Mike1982
Drifting

WhoDak, I know some of the east side of Akron, what area? What kind of car do you have again? Did we chat on e-mail a couple of months ago?

Last edited by Mike1982; 08-17-2005 at 01:44 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-17-2005, 02:18 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Don't forget that the police like to nab you for speeding in Penisula. They hang in the parking lot entrances for the tow path along Riverview right as it turns to a 25mph zone, and they hang out along 303 at the exit for the Quarry and the cemetary. Keep your eyes open for this so they don't getcha
Old 08-17-2005, 02:20 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just to be consistant we will refer to Alex as Mike too, as long as he doesn't mind.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:25 PM
Mike1982
Drifting

OH YEA, I know Michael!! Always see them in that area, need to get out of that little area until you can open it up and drive quick some. I don't mind because Alex hasn't posted but I will get ahold of him today then.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:37 PM
Skip Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have fun guys. Wish I could make it, but it looks like I jhave to wait until next time.

WhoDak - be very careful about getting you car aligned done by a non-Porsche specialty shop. $260 is typical for a 944 (4 wheel) alignment by a Porsche shop. I tried to save time and money by going to a local shop for just a quick adjusment and they butchered it big time- camber plates, and a track alignment had them baffled. If it's just a front end alignment you MIGHT be OK if it's a shop you know and trust, otherwise I would go to Steinels or Fred Bakers. Also I would go in and retorque the eccentric camber bolt on the strut - local shops tend not to tighten them down enough and they end up loosening up and moving a couple of NE Ohio potholes later.

Later,
Old 08-17-2005, 02:58 PM
Stuttgart 944
Racer

OK, so since I have no clue where the winking lizard is I will have to meet up with Mike R. ahead of time. So thursday 6:30 po 7:00ish? Did I hear sumthing about Wes coming? If not then he should def. come to another GTG that we have. Anyway I will have to talk to Mike R. and see what we're doing.

Alex (a.k.a. Mike)
Old 08-17-2005, 03:47 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Skip, too bad about not making it. Wonder if Bruce Carr ever comes out for things like this? Wouldn't mind putting a name to a face.

WhoDak,

Listen to Skip, though I would avoid Fred Baker myself. In my experience with them they tend to be a bit snobby about who they work with. The last time I ever had them look at my car I dropped it off on a Monday, with an appointment, to get a belt and waterpump change and was told I had to wait because there was a track day coming up and those folks come first. So over a week later and they call me back and tell me it will be another two weeks before they can get to my car. Needless to say I went and picked it up and have not gone back since. I guess it didn't matter that I had thousands of dollars of work done by them in the past and my family had purchased 3 cars, 2 new, from them. Whatever. That said, they do good work.

Alex, now known as Mike,

Let's shoot for no later than 6:30. I really don't want to have to drive all the way home, then turn around and drive back to the Lizard if I can just stop there on the way home from work. And since I have nothing to do at work right now...

Maybe I'll stop and wash my car on the way there to take up some time.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:31 PM
Mike1982
Drifting

Yea, what I was thinking of who ever getting there around 6:15pm torommow (Thrusday) and get a table for 3 as of right now. We should set something up for a Friday or Saturday meet of everyone around here if possible, including but not limited to: Alex, Manning, Skip, Tony K, Dan P., Wes, WhoDak, Renn, Brad and me. If all of us can get together sometime that would be cool, about 10 or so people hopefully. I am starting up Paramedics in 1.5 weeks, so my time is VERY LIMITED during the week with work and that, but my weekends are general open.

Oh yea, anyone want to see my Vitesse MAF upgrade or a ride is more the welcome to one. I won't have it fine tuned by tomorrow unless I REALLY bust my *** to install the SMT-6 tonight and tune some tomorrow afternoon but it still runs good and quick!
Old 08-17-2005, 05:43 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Table for 4, since it looks like WhoDak is will be there.

Karen told me the other day that she is up for meeting up like this as long as there will be women there for her to talk to. Or at least not all car talk. Not this time obviously, but whenever.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:18 PM
WhoDak
Instructor

Mike1982, my car is an 82 924. It's a rarer blue color, red pinstripe, no spoiler, and 5-bolt phone dials as of last month. I've only seen my cars color on one other car in a picture. I live in a town called Suffield, it's just east of Mogadore which is just east of Ellet which is east Akron. Suffield is two towns south of Kent, so I know lots of people there that go to KSU. I don't think we talked on email before though.

The police on 303 can actually sit in the parking lot of thier station in Peninsula and catch people coming down the hill into the 25mph zone haha. Should we wait at the door for everyone or by our cars? I think I'm the only one who's never seen any of you guys before.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:02 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm not sure we will be able to park in a group like when we went to QS&L. You will recognize me as I am 6'5" and nerdy looking with Elvis Costello glasses, sort of. Oh, and I usually looked annoyed.

Quick Reply: NE Ohio Wings Night?