Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Testing Grounds, HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 10:24 PM
silverBean
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Testing Grounds, HELP

I ay sound like an idiot, but i need help. My alt guage reads about 10.5 and has done so fo on and off for a while. Its weird, anyways, i went away when i replaced the volage regulator, but it came back after a month. Now it just stays there. I can run my lights and it drives, but If i have my stereo on, and i tap the brakes, kills the stereo. It will also kill the guages. Doesn't kill the guage fuse beecause they will just jump back to life, sometimes as soon as i let off the brake, or a few miles down the road.
I'm GUESSING that it might just be somehow connested. In all honesty i am terrible with electric and wiring. But if soeone could help me out, I' think I'd brave the endeavor. Any idea exactly what ground(s)? Where do I start? Thanks for input.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:26 PM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well. there are a few grounds under the dash.
a few on the front driver framerail.
a few in the back inbetween the tailights. and the starter ground. and the motor grounds on the back of the engine.

maybe take some sandpaper to those and see what happenes?

Quick Reply: Testing Grounds, HELP