Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

starting problems and a random question!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 08:03 AM
nenehubert
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question starting problems and a random question!!!

hey ya'll, i'm new to this forum and have a question. When i start my 89 944s2 i notice a whirring sound. This happens right when the engine fires up. When it occurs, it seems hard to start. This usually happens with the first start of the day. Any advice would help. Along with this problem, my a/c is acting up. It's blowing cool but not cold. It was converted to 134a by the previous owner 2 years ago and well when i bought the car 6 months ago it blew cold. i checked the pressure in the low side and it says it was a bit low. i recharged it and still no difference. I live in new orleans and the humidity is like 600% i need my a/c.

Also my 83 944 has been dead for a month. It wont fire up. i was wondering if it could be the speed/reference sensors. I had an electirical fire in the car and had to rewire the cabin. ( damn people that installed the stereo. never again will i let some one touch this car. unfortunately the cigarette lighter wire was clipped and grounded out. a nice toasty inside. ) All the electronics work and the ecu had to be replaced. The car turns over now but wont fire up.

Old 08-07-2005, 09:58 AM
Mike C.
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could the whirring be the fuel pump? Maybe your injectors are leaking when shut off and the pump is scrambling to get the line filled up again. Fuel dumped by leaky injectors could also cause a hard start.

Quick Reply: starting problems and a random question!!!