Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

t fitting vacuum line help

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 11:29 AM
Jeremy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t fitting vacuum line help

I ripped the t-fitting by the fuel rail that attaches both the vacuumlines from the bypass valve and the intake manifold (see pic - I have an 86, this pic is for 89 but is the same part). I tried to purchase a t-fitting from the local auto parts store, but the bypass valve line and from the intake manifold are different IDs and the smaller line keeps blowing out.

I know the best suggesstion is to replace all the vacuum lines. Unfortunately, work doesn't give me enough time these days to spend a whole day taking the intake manifold off and doing the replacement. Anyone know the porsche part # for the circled part below - I can't find it in my version of PET? Alternatively, has anyone found a way to use a brass T fitting - I think the only way may be to add a larger ID line with zipties to the smaller line from the intake manifold. Suggestions??? Thanks -

Jeremy
Attached Images  
Old 07-28-2005, 11:50 AM
GlenL
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I replaced this with an off-the-shelf piece from the autoparts store. Sounds like you need one a bit bigger. Work the hoses on slowly.

Quick Reply: t fitting vacuum line help