Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some questions, and hello

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 04:00 PM
Scrapper
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Some questions, and hello

Hello to everyone. This is my first post here on rennlist. I'm sure I'll meet some cool people. I have a few Porsche cars. Well, did have a few. I had a 1984 944 which I no longer have. (Sold). I currently have a 1976 911 S and a 1987 944. I need to sell one of these cars... I hate it but I need to. I have a few questions that I'm sure you'll have the answers to. On the 87 944, the car has a funny idle. Sometimes it will idle normally and sometimes it idles at like 2000 - 2800 rpm. Also, the car needs a timing belt. The belt did not break or anything, but it is time to replace it. Here's my problem though... I am in a financial mess right now. Anyone have any idea how much I could sell this 944 as is? I'm sorry my first post is just a shout for help. I figured that you people know this sort of thing better than anyone though. I'm sure I'll talk to everyone later.
Thanks,
Henry
Old 07-26-2005, 04:06 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Welcome to Rennlist! It is tough to get an idea of what your 944 is worth without more information and pictures. You may want to check your ISV as a possible candidate for your idle problem.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:18 PM
Scrapper
2nd Gear

Hi. Thanks for the greeting. I'll try to explain the condition in more detail. The car has 136,XXX miles. (Can't remember the exact number but the odometer is working) The exterior is in fairly good shape. Paint is good. The front valance has a tear around one of the foglights and the foglight is busted. (My car and a racoon didn't see eye to eye.. well, maybe they did for a second.)
I installed a set of C2 Turbo wheels on the car. Car also has Weltmeister springs which lowered the car a little bit. The interior is actually in pretty good shape compared to many 944s I've seen. There is one small crack on the dash on the driver side. The seats are in good shape minus one small tear in the seam of the seat on the passenger side. The seats were re-upholstered I believe and someone forgot to stitch this spot. (Only like a half inch long) The car had two owners before me. I bought the car with 99,000 miles on the odometer. It has never leaked any oil although it does tend to burn a little between 5,000 mile oil changes. I will try to get some pics of the car up later. Thank you for the help

Quick Reply: Some questions, and hello