Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions about what to ask?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 09:50 AM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Opinions about what to ask?

While away on vacation the wife and I have been talking about getting a newer, nicer P-car....we agreed that I should sell what I've got so I'm positioned ( eg: room in the driveway) to get something if the right car comes along....here's a brief description of what I have...I can post pics when I get back to the states next week....

I've been thinking about selling my early NA project to make way for a search for a newer P-car ( S2, S2 cab or 968 ).....Car is an '84 with about 85k ( odometer stopped at 75k so that's a guess). Runs like a top and I have all records since I've owned it ( about 5yrs) and some from before. New timing belt about 2000 miles ago...new waterpump, new alternator, new fuel pump, plugs, wires, dme relay, coil, battery, sunroof seal and a few other things.

BADS:

when I got the car it had kissed a guiderail on the driver's rear qrtr...it was not too bad so I am in the process of a duro-glass repair..

AC does not work....have not looked into this yet.

Sunroof gears are stripped...old ones are out and I have a new mechanism from ebay which is not yet installed.

SPARES:

I have the following stuff which is not installed:

Turbo rear under-spoiler
Cookie-cutters ( 15" phones on the car now)
Original seats ( relpaced w/ newer tan leather seats w/ no rips/tears)
Late nose panel ( one on the car has a dent)
Spare DME
FR Wilk Adapter board and power prom kit ( not installed)

Car is guards red ( probably 3 shades ) w/ black and tan interior...rubber is dunlop that came w/ the car....in good shape. Installed a Rennbay fuba-type antenna about 2 years ago and has a rockford-fosgate head unit w/ CD installed.

If I had the time, I'd put all the spares on the car, finish the body work and get the car painted....but lately I seem to have some more $ and alot less time......

Thanks in advance for the opinions!

Best

Joe

Quick Reply: Opinions about what to ask?