Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RENNNBAAAAAAAYY Rules!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005 | 10:15 AM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Default RENNNBAAAAAAAYY Rules!!!!

What a hell of a guy! Travis has to be one of the most generous and cool guys in our little fraternity. (Makes a mean donut too).

Thanks for the help with all your parts and kits - pal. Oh, and thanks for giving away the sweetest prize at the fest. We'll keep everyone informed of its application when the time is right...
Attached Images  
Old 07-21-2005 | 10:21 AM
pearldrum944
Drifting

Congrats! I won a shift **** insert from rennbay...I was looking on their site before the fest debating on buying one anyway. Awesome.

Last edited by pearldrum944; 02-08-2009 at 10:12 PM.
Old 07-21-2005 | 10:25 AM
porcho heat
Pro

You'll like the brakes, I know I do.
Nice of him to give something back to the rennlisters.
Old 07-21-2005 | 10:43 AM
Vjgtrybno1
Rennlist Member

I have to second Scott's motion - Travis is deserving of great praise and kudos. He said he had a few shirts to give away, well there must have been 50, in all colors and sizes. The brake giveaway (in which I talked Scott into taking the first ticket when he was afraid that 'low numbers never win'), was THE prize of the event (not including the best of show trophies, of course), and finally, Travis was neck and neck with Dan THE MAN in the Creative Driving Abilities Award of Achievement!

And he must have been one smooth talking Dude as well!
Old 07-21-2005 | 11:07 AM
Wade B
Cleveland Rocks
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vjgtrybno1
- Travis is deserving of great praise and kudos.
Travis is the man!!!!!
When it comes to any major event, Travis is there representing the waterboys.
Even though the organizers of these major events give Travis his appropriate public "Thanks!", most people still don't see a lot of the stuff he does behind the scenes. After seeing this for myself at both Hershey and the 'Fest this year, I got a new appreciation for the guy. (Well, that and OTHER things).

But as for the "smooth talker" moniker.......well, yeah maybe, sometimes. But if he only says four words, then, all bets are off!!!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2005 | 11:27 AM
Vjgtrybno1
Rennlist Member

In the interest of complete disclosure, I must add that those who choose to believe Travis when he bellies up to the poker table and says, 'I really don't know much about Texas Hold 'Em' may want to hold on real tight to their wallets!
Old 07-21-2005 | 11:31 AM
bloodraven
Race Car

VINCE! Been wondering when i would see you on here...tell your boy i said hey!

And travis is a stand up guy. Did everything he could to get my ball joints to me overnight, called me to say that they wouldn't be in for two days...then they show up the next day!

He makes some hella good products too!
Old 07-21-2005 | 11:41 AM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Vjgtrybno1
In the interest of complete disclosure, I must add that those who choose to believe Travis when he bellies up to the poker table and says, 'I really don't know much about Texas Hold 'Em' may want to hold on real tight to their wallets!
The funny thing is, he isn't lying.

RIVER RAT

Old 07-21-2005 | 11:52 AM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Old 07-21-2005 | 11:57 AM
Judson951
Drifting

Ok this is the hand that pretty much made travis the winner. I got delt big slick. ace king. Travis gets delt a pair of queen's. The flop comes King King Eight. I go all in and he calls. And what does his lucky *** find on the river. Yup a damn Queen. It was a great time though.
RRREEEENNNNNNNNGGGGGAAAAAYYYYYY......
Old 07-21-2005 | 01:30 PM
Chipster
Rennlist Member

Don't forget the Rennbay Ball Joint Re-Build Kit he donated for the Ball Joint "tech session"

Travis - you the man

Chip
Old 07-21-2005 | 01:38 PM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

And the P/S pump rebuild kit (among other items) that went as door prizes.

The P/S pump kit was taken by Michelle's friend (Mary).
Wonder what her plans are for it?
Old 07-21-2005 | 02:14 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the kind words. I didn't really do much for the event besides cause trouble and give things away... but maybe that's all it takes. There were 70 shirts handed out so I hope everyone got at least one.. and 250 Rennbay cups which seemed to be depleted by late Saturday night.

Scott- For some reason I think that brake kit is going to get retrofitted to the "Flying Talon" in your avatar. As long as it finds a good home I am happy. Post lots of pics no matter what!!!

I have to hand it to Chip for the ball joint rebuild. He did a wonderful job. The presentation was about to start and he had only a quick 5 min briefing on the installation. I handed the whole show over to him and the rebuild was complete in under 10 min. Amazing job on his part.

As for the poker, donuts and "smooth talking," I just get lucky sometimes. Nothing more, nothing less.

I hope everyone had a great time and I hope to see all of you out at the next event KCWS RennTreffen 2005 in September. For more info on the Missouri meeting check out www.kcws.org .

~Rennnnnnnbaaaaayyyyyy!!!! (ok, last one I swear)
Old 07-21-2005 | 09:05 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Old 07-21-2005 | 09:21 PM
Lead Foot 944
Three Wheelin'

Yeah I was shocked, A soon as I met Travis, He's all smiles...He's like here check out this sweet break kit were giving away, heres a ticket for ya....Yeah I almost wet myself when I saw it, and then he's just throwing t-shirts out my way....It was sweet....Thank You for every way Travis and Rennbay contributed to 944 fest....Made it that much better...! Im still in awe.....

DAmian

Quick Reply: RENNNBAAAAAAAYY Rules!!!!