Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHO hates VANDALS?!?! (rant)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005 | 08:42 AM
MoonBoy
Pro

Originally Posted by tifosiman
BTW, wishing cancer on someone is just wrong.
What about summoning the Demonic Lagomorph? Wrong?
Old 06-30-2005 | 08:45 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Originally Posted by MoonBoy
What about summoning the Demonic Lagomorph? Wrong?
Well, no.

It's just that having been thru it myself, seeing other family members suffer and die from it, and seeing another one just last week that had to have his voicebox removed due to it......................me thinks that it is a bit extreme to wish it on anyone, save for the Adolf Hitler types maybe.
Old 06-30-2005 | 09:03 AM
MoonBoy
Pro

Well, no.

It's just that having been thru it myself, seeing other family members suffer and die from it, and seeing another one just last week that had to have his voicebox removed due to it......................me thinks that it is a bit extreme to wish it on anyone, save for the Adolf Hitler types maybe.
Hey, sorry about that, I didn't mean to poke fun at anybodys pain.
Old 06-30-2005 | 10:46 AM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Well, no.

Been there done that..not pleasant in the slightest for family and friends, not to mention the person who has it. I have seen way too many friends and family lost this way.

on the Adolf Hitler types....where do you think they start..first property then animals then.....
Old 06-30-2005 | 11:01 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Originally Posted by testarossa_td
Been there done that..not pleasant in the slightest for family and friends, not to mention the person who has it. I have seen way too many friends and family lost this way.

on the Adolf Hitler types....where do you think they start..first property then animals then.....

(sorry for derailling this train and subject matter of this post, that was not my intent........)

Well, I think it is a big leap to go from damaging property, to hurting animals, to enslaving and gassing people.

I guess properly ranks low on my concerns, because it can be replaced, it's just things. Animals and people cannot. Does that mean that someone who harms animals (intentionally) should get cancer? Probably not, although THAT would really P me off and make me personally want to do bodily harm to them. I wouldn't want to maim them or anything like that, just inflict some short-term pain. You know?

Obligatory P-car content to get this back on track: Hey, I got some OG Racing brake ducts that replace my foglights! I'll get some pics this weekend for anyone interested.............
Old 06-30-2005 | 11:19 AM
Jfrahm
Addict
Rennlist Member

Cutting your garden hose sounds like someone was sending you a message. Were you detailing the car very late and possibly making too much noise? I'm not saying that makes it OK but generally when it gets personal, it gets personal for a reason

-Joel..
Old 06-30-2005 | 11:34 AM
944SuperCar
Advanced

Man that’s so wrong what they did to you. You should file a complaint with your local police department. This way you have a record incase it happens again and something worse comes of it. The person with the problem that did this should have just left you a note in your mailbox or on your car asking you to not make noise late at night if that's what the problem was. Cutting your hose and denting your car (even though they might not have meant to dent it) is just so wrong.

I had someone key my p-car about 8 years ago, still have the scratch. Someone threw a rock at it while I was driving on some side road in the middle of nowhere for no reason, dented the hood and chipped the windshield. These things happened many years ago and I still have the scars on the car. It just pisses me off. If these people could have been with me for the many many many hours I spent rebuilding my axles, engine, electrical... then they'd know that vandalizing is just so F'n wrong. That should be their punishment if anyone gets caught. From that point on for the rest of their life, they have to be tied to a chair and watch me work on my car for hours at a time. I just put a used V8 in over the last 10 months. That would have been a good session for them to sit through, would have taken most of their weekends during that time. Maybe then they'll appreciate how hard people work for the nice things they have.

Ok, ranting...
Old 06-30-2005 | 12:04 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

(sorry for derailling this train and subject matter of this post, that was not my intent........)

Well, I think it is a big leap to go from damaging property, to hurting animals, to enslaving and gassing people.

I guess properly ranks low on my concerns, because it can be replaced, it's just things. Animals and people cannot. Does that mean that someone who harms animals (intentionally) should get cancer? Probably not, although THAT would really P me off and make me personally want to do bodily harm to them. I wouldn't want to maim them or anything like that, just inflict some short-term pain. You know?

Obligatory P-car content to get this back on track: Hey, I got some OG Racing brake ducts that replace my foglights! I'll get some pics this weekend for anyone interested.............
Hey don't worry about it. This is a forum.
Having studied human/animal psychology...believe me the leap is not that far for the disturbed mind. Hitler simply had a means.
I am done oversimplifying life and human history now.

Vandals suck plain and simple and there is obviously something wrong with them-or their parents. We struggle to try and figure it out, but you could spend the rest of your life doing that, instead of polishing your car and enjoying it.
It will not be the last damage to come to your car, so you have to roll with it.
Having seen a few of mine vandalized and destroyed by careless and selfish people, I can say it does not get better everytime it happens...just another brick in the wall
PS. Police will not do a thing! But if it makes you feel better make a report.

And Tifo...yes picts of the ducts install would be super cool
Old 06-30-2005 | 12:24 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

I'm with sharky. I'm surgical with a CAR-15

Quick Reply: WHO hates VANDALS?!?! (rant)