Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo model suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005 | 11:33 PM
Shredder944
3rd Gear

Question Turbo model suggestions

Hi everyone,
I have a completely stock '86 951 with exception of K&N filter. My turbo is leaking oil due to bad seals and I decided that its time to throw in the turbo upgrade. I autocross the car some and it is also my daily driver. I plan to do upgrades such as lightening it, upgraded exhaust, possibly chip it, and maybe a few more. I also plan to keep the car for a long time, as hardly anything else out there compares to it for looks, mpg, performance, sounds, feel, balance, etc. all rolled into one.
My question is, what would be a good model to get based on the vast knowledge and experience here? I do not want an all out turbo, but I want a lil more than what the stock offers. I mostly would like to maintain low end, get a lot of mid-range, and add some top-end too, but mostly the mid-range (for autocross and street). I asked the shop to look for the Turbo S turbo, but they were unable to find any available since it is so sought after.
If you can give me name/model/part number or any info to help locate a good turbo for my needs, please let me know.
Why oh WHY can't you "rent" turbos?! ; ) I wish. (I guess the labor would suck between changes too)
Thanks in advance, and let me know if you have any questions for me that I missed.

Brian
'86 951

Quick Reply: Turbo model suggestions