Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Minnesotans traveling to Mansfield for 944fest?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005 | 01:53 PM
Oddjob
Rennlist Member

Cory, thanks for personal invite but I wont make it this year.

I have not heard of Expedition Autoworks, please let me know how pleased you are with the work and the price. There are not too many 944 experts in town, Auto Edge is the only one that I am aware of, especially for track prep and performance.

There are quite a few MN guys here on the list with 944s and Ive tried a couple times to invite many of you (as many as I could find with a MN in their address block) to the various local events, both drives and track events. Tony, the guy in Lino Lakes, has come out a couple times and Dan (Iceshark) also came out to a drive with the Ferrari club last fall. There was a DE up at BIR last wknd, and will be some upcoming autocrosses. The national PCA Club Race up at BIR is in AUG, and you guys should definitely make the drive up to watch. And for the technical guys, Im screwing around rebuilding a 88 944TS engine in my garage, and a friend came over in his 89 Turbo yesterday to help me with it.

Point is, please participate in some of these national get togethers with rennlist or other clubs, but you also dont have to drive across country meet up with other p-car owners. There are at least a couple events each month during the summer here in MN, and I for one would love to have some more 944 guys show up.

Last edited by Oddjob; 06-20-2005 at 10:27 AM.
Old 06-19-2005 | 02:57 PM
pcarfan944
Burning Brakes

I'd like to come to some events if i'm not working or busy, i'm sure most of the others guys feel the same way too. Just keep us posted on upcoming stuff.

Spedracer18 - I've seen your car at GAW, looks nice (how many white 944s can there be that they service?).
Old 06-20-2005 | 11:10 AM
Oddjob
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pcarfan944
I'd like to come to some events if i'm not working or busy, i'm sure most of the others guys feel the same way too. Just keep us posted on upcoming stuff.

:

Will keep you posted on here, and hope to see many of you guys soon.
Old 06-20-2005 | 01:57 PM
ttwirz
Racer

Wish I could go. Both cars currently down and time is scarce. SC car needs head gasket; I'm halfway through a tstat on the 951. Based on what I have encountered with getting the tstat out I question the word "Engineer" when it comes to Porsche development. You could probably hold on you wheels with that snapring. After a day of trying every possible snapring tool and smashing my knuckles I was able to yank it out with a dentist tool thing. Jim, I liked you old Avatar better
Old 06-20-2005 | 02:32 PM
Oddjob
Rennlist Member

Tony, this one?

Thermostat is a big pain with the waterpump/block in the car. I did some "custom" work on my snap ring pliers.
Old 06-20-2005 | 03:56 PM
ttwirz
Racer

That's the one. I did some custom work on my fingers getting it out. Hopefully I will have some time to put it back in this week. If they didn't recess it so far in it would be much easier. It was in a very awkward spot on the side. I read through a bunch of posts and combined some different ideas and applied plenty of profanity.
Old 06-20-2005 | 04:07 PM
Kurt R
Hates Family Guy
Rennlist Member

I won't be able to go this year, I'm already making three trips to Ohio as it is. But since this is a MN-OH thread, what's the best way to get through Chicago? Follow I-90? Take I-39 South to where it meets I-80? Somebody help me out here. Last time I drove through at about midnight and didn't have any traffic to worry about, but coming back on Sunday afternoon was pretty bad.

Quick Reply: Any Minnesotans traveling to Mansfield for 944fest?