Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S2 Electrical Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 02:01 PM
pchak
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default S2 Electrical Issue

Hi all,

In all the years that I drove 944's (12 years!), I never had these problems, that my friend's S2 is experiencing:

"I checked the fuses and none are blown. Must be some sort of relay. Here's what is not working: all gauges... the sunnroof is acting screwy (won't tilt up) and the A/C is not blowing cold air. The compressor doesn't seem to be turning on. I checked/tested fuses corresponding to each prob... all are 'ok'. "

1) I did a search in the forum, and and the main thing I found was related to the grounds. Could this type of thing take all of these items out of play at once (e.g., where would the root issue be)?

2) Does one relay control all these items, and could someone ID which one it would be (sorry, I don't have a map handy-if there's a link to one...)

3) Can anyone suggest other alternatives?

Thanks for your help!
Old 06-15-2005, 03:22 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Question: do his power locks work? I suspect they do not.

The sunroof / power locks are on the same circuit. He could have a messed up sunroof micro-switch, or a short in the system/circuit these components are on.

That said, I do not think the guages are on the same circuit. Not sure if the A/C is or is not.

-Z.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:34 PM
pchak
Pro

Default SOLVED!

Thanks for the suggestion.

Luckily (?) it was a lot more simple: the contact points in the fuse box for that circuit were loose. He just bent them back into proper shape

The prev owner had a lot of extra crap wired into the car- phone, radar detector, etc., and I was afraid it was related. I understand that the dealer removed a rat's nest of wires out from under there!

Quick Reply: S2 Electrical Issue