Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Re-routing the Power Steering hose?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 10:46 AM
Steve in New Hampshire
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-routing the Power Steering hose?

Well I've finally gotten around to replacing the spongey gross leaky power steering hoses and the reservoir. Apparently the hose that goes to the ps pump needs to be "re-routed". Has anyone done this? Anyone have instructions as to where I'm re-routing the hose?

Not sure if it comes with any instructions...everything came in from Paragon this week...except the re-routed hose is on backorder! Argh.

Steve
Old 06-15-2005, 05:51 PM
elf89
Pro

I did this last fall. It's pretty obvious where the re-routed hose goes because it's much shorter and straighter. It drops down right next to the oil filter if I remember right. Some folks posted that it was a "bad" change the way they re-routed the hose. I'm not sure why, maybe because it's next to the hot filter? I still had leaks due to a bad clamp, but it seems good now. Good luck!
Old 06-15-2005, 10:52 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like Elf said; pretty obvious once you're there.

I ALWAYS reroute that hose on EVERY car I work on. That damn thing clamped to the water pump is just stupid.

I always move it over by the frame rail so it isn't in my blasted way setting the belts. I take the stupid stud out of the water pump too!!!
Old 06-16-2005, 02:00 PM
Steve in New Hampshire
Pro

Thanks...I haven't seen the hose yet...so I was concerned they had done another crazy hose routing! Good to hear it's now a straight shot. Always thought the original hose against the water pump was pretty dumb!

Amazing it has lasted this long!!

Cheers,

Steve

Quick Reply: Re-routing the Power Steering hose?