Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saratoga Sunroof For Sale...

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 10:41 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 110 Likes on 80 Posts

OK, here is the accountant's take on it with a little legal disclaimer for good measure.

Advance reservation of raffle tickets in a thread. winner need not go to the fest so all on the board can participate. No shipping, must make arrangements to pick up.

minimum 28 tickets, split 560 between dan and judson as they agree. after that 1/3 each to john D, Dan P and Judson per stirpes, or is it per capita. i think it is per stirpes in this case.

since the raffle is to offset expenses etc. it should not be considered gambling. if it is and could get john in trouble, then i say split it half and half between dan and judson, and they may want to give john a thank you for making the raffle a sticky.
Old 06-11-2005, 11:20 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Dan - are you bringing that girl in your avatar? I heard she wanted to make out with me.
Old 06-11-2005, 11:32 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by SamGrant951
Dan - are you bringing that girl in your avatar? I heard she wanted to make out with me.
I see you have my ex-wife in your avatar! Sam I think the girl in my avatar is outta your league... but you can try!
Old 06-11-2005, 11:43 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

hahahahhaaaaa.....

Old 06-12-2005, 02:48 AM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DOH!
Old 06-12-2005, 07:54 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will there be a gauranteed # of tickets sold beforehand, or, could this end up going to 200+, or what...? Also, why not ship to those of us who can't be there IF buyer pays S&H?

ALso- about the roof- can you put that thing on a scale & see what it weighs? We've talked about this a few times, but, I picked one up years ago from a 924 that was several pounds lighter than the 951 19.5lbs behemoth... Just curious... It looks great- I'd love to have one.... does it seal well? How fast have you had the car w/that thing in & did you ever notice any sealing issues- noise or sight???

thanks
Old 06-12-2005, 09:05 AM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 209 Likes on 135 Posts

Heya Robby.. FWIW, Judson was just trying to help out the fest and sell his saratoga at the same time. The original plan was to just raffle it off amongst attendees, and there I didn't think we'd sell more than 50 tickets. It would be exciting to draw the name and have the winner take it home. He didn't want to worry about packing and shipping, regardless of who paid for it. Yes, he probably could get more $$ on E-bay if that was the focus. Thankfully, it wasn't. We haven't decided yet, but in the name of simplifying the affair and reducing headaches I'd be happy just to sell tickets at the Fest. If non-attendees want to buy in, contact a guest and have them buy you a chance (or 4)!

I can add my .02 as an owner of a saratoga. The top I have is an earlier design with the frame around it, and it is MUCH lighter than the factory piece. It squeaks when down, and I have seen light thru the edges when at high speeds (100+) as the lift pulls it up. Of course there is more wind noise then too. I've never had a water issue. Since I'd like to drum up interest in the piece, I'd rather talk about the positives. It really brightens up the cockpit, increases head room and looks nice on the car!!
Old 06-12-2005, 10:16 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Dan- long time no talk... How's that beautiful Glacier Blue Turbo S anyway? I understand about the raffle, simplicity, etc... that's cool.... I was just hoping I could talk you guys into shipping it, for a few extra bucks, when I win Hey, when IS the fest? I thought it was next week or something.... I know it's up near you... I wish I could go... maybe I can find someone there w/a small 4-ch amp to sell me, now that I need one, since some ******* broke into my car last night... As for the Saratoga- it's DEFINATELY worth having- the positives outweigh the negatives in my mind- that stock lid weighs 19.5lbs- the Saratog I picked up had no steel around the edges- it looked like one of the ones you sent me pics of years ago- actually, YOU were the one I was thinking of when I asked about the seal letting things in in the first place- if you still have those pics, could you e-mail them to me later, when you get a chance? I lost my harddrive w/all my pics- your car pics were already backed up b/c you had sent me those a year or so before... thakfully... Anyway, the one i picked up was a manual from a 924 & weighed at LEAST 4lbs or so less- doesn't sound like much, but, that's 25%- it was bronze for sure... It was kind of weird compared to what I expected, but, I would love to have had it- I WISH I had pursued it more thoroughly at the time- the guy MIGHT have just sold it to me if I could have found him- it was at a mechanic's at the time & the car was junked- he'd probably have sold the whole car for less than what a good Saratoga goes for...

anyway, thanks for the reply....
Old 06-12-2005, 02:43 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts

I'd be a willing participant of a raffle at the Fest. I agree with Dan, it'd be cool to see someone pop it on the car, enjoy it for the weekend, and take it home. (ie: Me. )

Can't wait to be there!
Old 06-12-2005, 07:46 PM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 209 Likes on 135 Posts
Talking

Heya Robby, the Fest is July 16th and 17th. I suppose it is time to get a "sticky" post up about it. I'm not sure which pics you mean. If you need some pics of the saratoga top check here:
http://home.earthlink.net/~porsche944t/Saratoga.html
And maybe that will help. Obviously most of those pics are of the framed version of the top. I just weighed mine on a very inaccurate bathroom scale and it said 14Lbs. (+/- 5 lbs )

Knoxville to Mansfield can't be TOO bad of a drive! Come join us!
Old 06-12-2005, 08:30 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Dan, you can probably extend the raffle onto rennlist during the events if you are short couple. I dont want it since I don;t need the extra weight up there, but most people do!
BTW, please resend your address. I'll send out the Porsche Mechanic shirt you can give away.
~Eyal
Old 06-13-2005, 03:40 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Dan, I WANT to come up there.... I'm just not sure about work- we're opening up a new restaraunt & I might not be able to get away- I REALLY NEED the benefits, too, so, really can't lose the job by not being there... if it were during the week, it would be NO PROB, but, then, everyone else wouldn't be able to go.... b/c YOU GUYS actually HAVE LIVES..... unlike ME....

Those were the right pics.... thanks a lot.... Now I've got 'em saved.... I'll back this set of pics up soon too, so, THIS time, I'll be protected.... 14lbs really sounds about right too... thanks for doing that... I REALLY WANT ONE every time I see your car..... BTW- are those SPORT seats in your car w/the harnesses? I thought your's were regular seats, but, I can't tell about those from the photo.....?

Thanks....
Old 06-13-2005, 07:57 AM
John Etnier
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Little hard to tell what's going on from reading this thread, but if the sale becomes a raffle I'm definitely interested in participating 'from away'....

Quick Reply: Saratoga Sunroof For Sale...