Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling my motorcycle

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 06:51 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Selling my motorcycle

I think the time has sadly come to get rid of my 1999 Suzuki Katana 750. It's been a fun bike and I will certainly miss it, but I'm trying to pick up another vehicle as a daily driver and need the funds for that and to pay off a few 944-related "little projects" so I can get 'em wrapped up in preparation for taking the 944 off the road for its upgrade.

I'm offering it here first for the benefit of Rennlisters; if nobody bites within the next day I'll put it in the Rennlist Classifieds. If it still doesn't sell, I'll throw it on Ebay, but I'd rather avoid that since their fees are sort of high.

Here's a couple of pics (sorry for the bad lighting, had to use the flash):

Details:

1999 Suzuki Katana
750 cc
blue & silver
approx 31,000 miles - mostly highway
never raced or dropped
Well-maintained
Fairly new chain (last 2,000 miles), oil & filter change (last 500 miles - full Motul synthetic)
Throttlemeister throttle lock installed (kind of like cruise control)
Overall excellent condition - very clean. Only issue is some a-hole slashed the seat about two weeks ago - minor cut about 3" long. Probably can be repaired by an upholstery shop. If I kept the bike I'd have it done myself. The seat in question is the one in the photos - it's a Suzuki touring saddle that I paid about $250 for - very comfortable. I also have the original generic seat that's in good condition with no rips or tears that I'll include so you'll have both.

I also have a set of full saddlebags (two rear, a tank bag and a rear-seat bag) in like-new condition that I'll include for an extra $150. I'll also include a "U" lock (Kryptonite) for the front wheel with the bike free of charge. I also have a spare sprocket for it as well that I'll include, plus the original bar ends (removed for the throttlemeister setup) and whatever other bike-related stuff I can find (I've got a copy of the dealer parts list, an oil filter wrench, tool kit, etc.)

Everything works as it should.

Resale book value is approximately $3,900 (see link below). I'll take $3,500 plus $150 for the saddlebags if you want 'em.

http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/ke.kb.m...13790;;;;&&&&&

Payment details can be worked out. I still owe about $1,400 on it so as soon as I receive payment I'll pay it off in full and obtain the title from the lienholder. Buyer is responsible for all registration and insurance and providing your own helmet. I'd let you use mine, but any good rider knows a used helmet should ALWAYS be treated as worthless, so I won't even consider it. Just bring your own or buy one when you pick up the bike.

Questions, PM me.

You'll be helping two Rennlisters by this. Me and Moonboy, since I'll probably use the proceeds to buy his car.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Wanna trade Jeff?
Old 06-06-2005, 08:26 PM
X 944 X
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey ill buy the seat off you (i have a 99 kat also) PM me, then you can drop the price on the bike a bit if you want

btw: are you on katriders.com also?? i have a full hindle system, carbon everything, lots of mods... ect
Old 06-06-2005, 08:27 PM
X 944 X
Instructor

oh wait...you said slashed seat... is it the OEM kat seat or the good seat?
Old 06-06-2005, 08:38 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Unfortunately it's the good seat!

I'll get a pic if you want but it's definitely vandalism - cut through the vinyl and into the foam a little bit. It's definitely fixable but just made me (understandably) angry! This literally happened about a week or so ago! The original stock seat is in excellent condition. If you want I'll get a quote on repairing the touring one from the same guy that did my Porsche seats - his workmanship is excellent.

Nah, wasn't aware of that other board. . . I wish I'd known!

Chris - maybe! If this doesn't work out with Moonboy's car (I have to cover shipping cost also) I may be very interested. What I'm specifically looking to do is get a GOOD daily driver. Something that looks good and runs good and doesn't look like I'm driving a 20-year-old car with crappy paint, door dings, etc. I certainly think yours would qualify, as would his. His needs a few things (most immediately a hatch) but I have a couple of those and a ton of other parts for early cars. Heck, I imagine they'd work quite nicely on 924S-es also.

If you're interested let's discuss. I know you need cash more, but if you're interested in a trade, I'll certainly discuss it with ya'.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:40 PM
L8 APEKS
Three Wheelin'

Moonboy's car = 944 Spec candidate perhaps?????
Old 06-06-2005, 08:46 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Paint's too nice. Nicer than either of mine!
Old 06-06-2005, 09:25 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Jeff, you remember my red 83 you wanted? I left a message on your phone.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:35 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Yea, I'll give you a buzz tonight about it. . .

Quick Reply: Selling my motorcycle