Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

porsche parts for sale (wheels - phone dial, dash cover, old koni yellows, ac parts)

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005 | 02:59 AM
944J
Banned

Rennlist charter says that they don't own (therefore legally can't use it as part of their site without my permission) the picture of my car even if I posted it on here:

In keeping with Copyright law, Rennlist considers that the content of messages posted to any of the lists will remain the copyrighted material of its author, as the "original author", unless the author specifically assigns copyright otherwise. Rennlist is considered a "forwarder" or "publisher", and the combined "list/site messages" to be considered as "archives", protected under Rennlist Copyright. Posts containing material which is protected under copyright, which a person does not have express permission to use, resell, distribute or otherwise make available are grounds for immediate termination of that user.
I also think that the other people using my photgraph should have to pay for the use too.

Old 05-28-2005 | 03:05 AM
944J
Banned

Originally Posted by Porsche-O-Phile
Ebay = too many scammers / rip-off artists for my tastes. Craigslist = no complaints. I think the Classifieds were made "members only" to curb abuses. PM John D. about it; I'm sure he'll explain why what is, is.
I don't really care. I just wanted to get rid of junk in my garage and maybe find someone who could benefit from the stuff instead of letting it go to waste in a land fill.

I'd rather hear all the details about your calloway project... where can I find info on this?
Old 05-28-2005 | 03:07 AM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

944J, i hope you didn't take this the wrong way man.
Old 05-28-2005 | 03:09 AM
944J
Banned

Unhappy

No, I just abhor censorship and being told what to do.

944J, i hope you didn't take this the wrong way man.
Tell me about your turbo project too. I like reading about these kinds of things. Is there any info on it somewhere?
Old 05-28-2005 | 03:12 AM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

i am working on a site. i haven't started building anything yet though. right now i am amassing all the parts i need. i am acquiring a spare 3.0 block and a 3.0 crank as we speak. alot of other parts are being stacked in the garage waiting for the day i start it. i'll post on rennlist my site once i have it up
Old 05-28-2005 | 03:17 AM
Macfreak007
Three Wheelin'

944j , I can understand the frustration on the for sale post, but really you have to think of it as an incentive to become a paid member. John D. has given us a great gift by creating this site, and if no one ever paid to use it, it could not be what it is today, or for that matter continue to grow. I think that it is important to contribute, especially if it will help you make some money on selling some stuff.
but believe me i know its hard to do, I am cheap, and I freeloaded for a LOOONNNGGG time. Just consider doing it if you want to post stuff for sale, or you spend alot of time on the site, its like a magazine.
Old 05-28-2005 | 03:34 AM
944J
Banned

Originally Posted by Macfreak007
944j , I can understand the frustration on the for sale post, but really you have to think of it as an incentive to become a paid member. John D. has given us a great gift by creating this site, and if no one ever paid to use it, it could not be what it is today, or for that matter continue to grow. I think that it is important to contribute, especially if it will help you make some money on selling some stuff.
but believe me i know its hard to do, I am cheap, and I freeloaded for a LOOONNNGGG time. Just consider doing it if you want to post stuff for sale, or you spend alot of time on the site, its like a magazine.
I look at it as I give him my patronage so he can make 6 figures while paying someone in india to do the site for $500. I buy stuff from his sponsors, they pay him. It's a valid business model. For example I was looking at the seat covers from rennbay today.
Old 05-28-2005 | 03:38 AM
944J
Banned

i am working on a site. i haven't started building anything yet though. right now i am amassing all the parts i need. i am acquiring a spare 3.0 block and a 3.0 crank as we speak. alot of other parts are being stacked in the garage waiting for the day i start it. i'll post on rennlist my site once i have it up
Sounds good. What kind of head are you using? How much does a 3.0 block go for? How do you get the .1 liters?

How much do you expect to spend for all the engine parts?

Did you read about someone doing it or are you just a good engine builder and experienced with this stuff?

It sounds like a fun project.
Old 05-28-2005 | 03:53 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

I'll be happy to share anything you want to know about it with you. Either in person or online. Why not come out to one of our GTGs and you can listen to me ramble on about it! It's a dream that's actually starting to become reality. Finally. Can't believe it. It's gonna' take forever but it'll be worth it in the end.
Old 05-28-2005 | 03:57 AM
944J
Banned

Originally Posted by Porsche-O-Phile
I'll be happy to share anything you want to know about it with you. Either in person or online. Why not come out to one of our GTGs and you can listen to me ramble on about it! It's a dream that's actually starting to become reality. Finally. Can't believe it. It's gonna' take forever but it'll be worth it in the end.
Well my buddy is moving to Belmont shores so I'll be down there sometimes...

You said it's running?
Old 05-28-2005 | 08:24 AM
camelot
Instructor

Lets see,
Porsche dealership labor rate in CT 125 ph, Foreign garage labor 85ph. A quick answer for a quick fix to a problem on my Porsche, PRICELESS!!!! mmm 17 BUCKS. NO PROBLEM!!!!
Old 05-28-2005 | 09:11 AM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Being a "rennlist member" and being able to sell items on the forums is not just to help support Rennlist. It was not always that way. The Email list rules applied to the forums as well a few years back.
The problems started arising where people would jump on here and start selling parts they did not have. They would scam listers out of money and then would just disappear. Being a member gives you a little more integrity as a seller. At the very least, the seller has registered and Rennlist has a record of his confirmed address and location in the event of something goes wrong.
That is the story on memberships and selling, which has flowed over into the classifieds as well.

As far as this goes, I say we let him sell his stuff under the condition that if he sells at least one item, that he will spring for a membership. That is only fair and would be far less than ebay listing fees if everything gets sold. What does everyone think?
Old 05-28-2005 | 09:53 AM
4thChild
Rennlist Member

Amen Travis - I joined just a few weeks ago as I notice how valuable this site is. Selling parts or not, the membership is very inexpensive for the value. Not sure why one would not join.
Old 05-28-2005 | 11:50 AM
Macfreak007
Three Wheelin'

Travis, now I understand, and can tell people why, never thought of that... so yeah, just pay the $17 so we all know you are a for real person/seller that way the rest of us are safe.
Old 05-28-2005 | 12:23 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Running - as an n/a right now though. The conversion components still need installation but that's very close to reality. Just getting the car running reliably is a major milestone!

Quick Reply: porsche parts for sale (wheels - phone dial, dash cover, old koni yellows, ac parts)