Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone familiar with seat covers from Leatherseats.com??

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 01:31 AM
simmomi
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone familiar with seat covers from Leatherseats.com??

I'm curious in the interest that would be out there for the product below - HINT: Potential Group Buy??

There was an ebay auction last week for a set of leather seat covers for the 911 or 944 from a company called Leatherseats.com. Anybody ever heard of, or bought from them?

Here's a link to the completed auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7974223087&category=33702

I've exchanged emails with a few folks who have purchased their set for the 911/944 and the responses have seemed very favorable.

Their website -> www.leatherseats.com

The 944 seat cover they do is for the standard comfort seat. They don't currently have a template for the sport seat, but they'd be willing to create one.

Additionally, they do varying levels of leather in the covers depending upon the request: 1. Leather seating with vinyl sides and back; 2. Leather seating with leather sides and vinyl back; 3. All leather.

Give me your feedback - positive or otherwise. Thx...
Old 05-26-2005, 02:28 AM
unsigned
Racer

I used them for a leather interior on my Maxima SE . It was easy to install, and fit perfectly. I purchased the leather seating with vinyl side and back.
I even had MAXIMA embroidered on the front seat backs. All in all I would buy another kit from them in a heartbeat. Top notch.

2 months ago I was looking for a solution for my very dry and starting to crack Porsche seats. I found the auction and started a dialog with them about the seats. I ended up not buying the covers because the rear seats wouldn't match. They don't offer a rear seat option, and had no plans to do so. I'm not prepared to do a rear seat delete, and I just didn't like the rears not matching. I ended up buying a set of seats from a totaled 944 that were 9 out of 10. they weren't all leather like mine, but the condition was near perfect. I paid less then the leatherseats.com kit.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:56 PM
simmomi
Pro

That's good to hear - thx for the feedback. BTW, nice car! Have you had those covers for a while, and how are they holding up?
Old 05-26-2005, 08:56 PM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rennbay does awesome seat covers and "THEY ARE A RENNLIST SITE SPONSOR" & they look awesome!!! Pete (the moderator Pete that is) had them in his old 944 white n/a and I couldn't even tell they were covers. They were absolutely stunning!

Don't know the price difference, but you can't go wrong buying from Rennbay/Travis. His on this board a lot and is a nice fella to boot. Give him a try!

Here's the Linkie!!!
Old 05-26-2005, 09:05 PM
simmomi
Pro

I'm sure they are good covers, but we're comparing apples to oranges in the sense that one is all vinyl and the other is at least leather/vinyl.

I did email Rennbay and ask if someone in the Atl area has their seat covers, but as of yet, I've had no response. I'd consider their covers but I want to SEE them first.

Know of anyone in the Atlanta or even Charlotte area that has them??
Old 05-26-2005, 09:16 PM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Understandable. Have you tried PM'ing Travis through here? Might get a quicker response!

For what it's worth, again from seeing Pete's seats they look very very orginal. My car is near being a time capsule as far as new-ness goes so I know what good seat look like and I couldn't tell that they were covers!

Either way you go, hope you find what your looking for :-)
Old 05-26-2005, 11:22 PM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://rennbay.com/seats.html

$349

I'm interested in something in the near future. But i'm leaning towards buying sport seats...
-Erich
Old 05-27-2005, 12:47 AM
simmomi
Pro

That's exactly what I've just done. I picked up a set of sport seats locally, and now need to get replacement covers for them. I would have preferred to have bought seats that didn't need covers, but the ones I liked went for more $$ than I thought they were worth, and the cheaper ones didn't fit the bill.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:07 AM
unsigned
Racer

Originally Posted by simmomi
That's good to hear - thx for the feedback. BTW, nice car! Have you had those covers for a while, and how are they holding up?

They are doing fine, but I've only put 4K on the car since I installed them. Not really enough to make a showstopping call.

I was uncomfortable with the rennbay product. I figured that it was very nice, but the font seats still wouldn't match the rear, so I might as well go real leather. Then I reasoned that since they still wounldn't match, I should go aftermarket seat. THEN I decided to get nice Porsche seats. It didn't take long and I spent waaay less. For a cost comparision I think I paid under $800 for my Maxima kit, with the install tools and rings, and the custom embroidery and the flat leather, shipped.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:29 AM
7thStranger
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have seen the Rennbay covers in serveral different cars, and the all look great.

I'll be ordering a set this fall.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:11 PM
buckshot
Addict
Rennlist Member

i just installed a set of linen rennbay covers, it was about 5 hours for the first one, 3 hours the second, this includes removing seats, removing power seat mechanism. lots of trial and error, i had the first one apart 3 times before i was happy. you really need paitence for this kind of work, (which i don't have and had to learn) i think they turned out great, if i have any complait, the hog rings that come with the kit are chinsy, i went to my local ag store and bought a good hog ring pliers and some "shoat" rings (small hog rings)
overall i am very pleased with the results, my wife who is really picky thinks they are real leather!
go rennbay!!!

Quick Reply: Anyone familiar with seat covers from Leatherseats.com??