Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stone guard covered area below doors, clear coat necessary?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 02:50 PM
Type_LT
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Stone guard covered area below doors, clear coat necessary?

Recently I replaced the six film based stone guards and in the process some of the spray on stone guard on the sector beneath the doors was removed. It was time to touch up this area anyways since the paint immediately behind the wheels has been sandblasted off. I've purchased a can of touch up spray paint and a can of clear coat in a spray can from www.paintscratch.com. After checking some posts here I found that the clear SEM Chip Guard is the choice to replace the clear stone guard protection beneath the doors, which I have purchased also. What I'm unsure of is wether or not I should do color coat -> clear coat -> chip guard coat, or color coat -> chip guard coat. My intuition tells me to put the clear coat on then the chip guard but I'd like to be sure. Has anyone done this before? I didn't find anything on rennlist after a semi-deep search.

Hopefully I'll see some of you at the mid-america porsche funfest in a couple weeks.

Quick Reply: Stone guard covered area below doors, clear coat necessary?