Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CG-Lock

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 12:14 AM
Mark Lue
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up CG-Lock

I recently bought a device called CG-Lock and I have to say I am sold on it.

http://www.cg-lock.com/

I drove the Mosport Driver Development track without it at the begining of April and again today with it and boy does it make a difference. It holds you securely in the seat so you can actually feel what the car is doing instead of sliding around in the leather seats. I didn't have anyone to keep time but I was able to drive the car smoother and safely closer to the limits and that in my book is a good thing.

Those of you that are used to a full race harness this may not be your cup of tea but a race harness is not legal for street use.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:44 AM
Magown
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recieved one as a promotial item over in 03. I used it for one autox and loved it. My car has been down ever since so I haven't had a chance to use it. I did use it for around town a few times. It's a cool product.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:37 AM
tomrc
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a Simpson lap belt installed in my Scirocco last week, it's the same concept as the CG-lock but not illegal for street use. AutoX this past weekend was awsome, my *** was glued to the seat and I could concentrate on driving instead of holding myself in place. I think I shaved a good .5 sec on a 55 sec course. I was amazed. Next will be good sport seats and a harness.

Tom
Old 05-26-2005, 12:20 AM
Mark Lue
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by tomrc
it's the same concept as the CG-lock but not illegal for street use.
CG-Lock is Not illegal ! Where I live, so long as DOT belts are used they are OK. Different states may have different opinions.

Originally Posted by tomrc
AutoX this past weekend was awsome, my *** was glued to the seat and I could concentrate on driving instead of holding myself in place.
Ditto.

Quick Reply: CG-Lock