Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not so new Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 11:22 PM
Spider
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not so new Newbie

Hey Boys- I'd like to say Hi to everyone, & introduce myself. First and formost, I'm a proud new member of the "List"! My name is Dave(username: Spider), and I'm from Winchester, VA. I own an '87 N/A 944, Guards, black leather w/ D-90's from a 928 GT-8x16 & 9x16. For the past year, or two, I've been replacing tons of OEM parts and making subtle mods to restore her to her former glory. A brief description follows: Wilk chip, Welt. throttle cam( for me the best mod you can do- makes heel & toe downshifts a breeze with a quick throttle blip), new struts /shocks, bushings rear swaybar, KLA strut brace, spring centerclutch@ 100K, shift lever,tuneup parts, Mahle oil/ fuel filters, Mobil 1 20W-50, Royal purple synthetic anti shock transaxle fluid, Hella H-4s,Kenwood headunit W/ Boston accoustics, not to mention all the relays and switches to get the sunroof, seat , hatch, to properly function, orig. R-12 A/C is cold, etc. the int. is bordering on concourse w/ very little seat wear and no dash cracks! the body and paint look nice too. I managed to successfully remove the butt- ugly yellowed stone guards which improved the looks 1000%. Also painstakingly hand painted / clearcoated the center crests which for those of you who have done this , is very rewarding- looks killer.That's enough.With all that said, I owe all of you a debt of grattitude for all the tech , info, and encouragement. You see, before the Porsche, I was by no means a Wrench but I'm proud to say I did All the work myself- including the 951 motor mounts- thanks to you! Her name is Sonya( as in "Red") and she screams through the gearbox like a Banshee! That' my girl. Cheers!
Old 05-11-2005, 11:26 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts

Welcome, you certainly have caught the bug.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:31 PM
944_S_TYPE
Three Wheelin'

Hi welcome.... Heard about rennfest yet?????
Old 05-11-2005, 11:39 PM
Spider
Instructor

Originally Posted by Spider
Hey Boys- I'd like to say Hi to everyone, & introduce myself. First and formost, I'm a proud new member of the "List"! My name is Dave(username: Spider), and I'm from Winchester, VA. I own an '87 N/A 944, Guards, black leather w/ D-90's from a 928 GT-8x16 & 9x16. For the past year, or two, I've been replacing tons of OEM parts and making subtle mods to restore her to her former glory. A brief description follows: Wilk chip, Welt. throttle cam( for me the best mod you can do- makes heel & toe downshifts a breeze with a quick throttle blip), new struts /shocks, bushings rear swaybar, KLA strut brace, spring centerclutch@ 100K, shift lever,tuneup parts, Mahle oil/ fuel filters, Mobil 1 20W-50, Royal purple synthetic anti shock transaxle fluid, Hella H-4s,Kenwood headunit W/ Boston accoustics, not to mention all the relays and switches to get the sunroof, seat , hatch, to properly function, orig. R-12 A/C is cold, etc. the int. is bordering on concourse w/ very little seat wear and no dash cracks! the body and paint look nice too. I managed to successfully remove the butt- ugly yellowed stone guards which improved the looks 1000%. Also painstakingly hand painted / clearcoated the center crests which for those of you who have done this , is very rewarding- looks killer.That's enough.With all that said, I owe all of you a debt of grattitude for all the tech , info, and encouragement. You see, before the Porsche, I was by no means a Wrench but I'm proud to say I did All the work myself- including the 951 motor mounts- thanks to you! Her name is Sonya( as in "Red") and she screams through the gearbox like a Banshee! That' my girl. Cheers!
I'm not sure... probably not the same as 944-Fest, huh?
Old 05-12-2005, 12:00 AM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

nope. but come to 944Fest and make up your own mind!

Quick Reply: Not so new Newbie