Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Late model Sunroof in Early Model 944?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005 | 07:35 PM
Granite 944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Manning
.............................Also, based on my experience going from (worthless) power sunroof to (wonderful) manual sunroof, .....................
And I THANK YOU, for your beliefs on this, since your sending me the parts to get the power sunroof working in my project car. BUT..........if it really doesn't pan out very well ( we'll see ), I could always mount one of the manual sunroof parts, or a complete unit I have from one of the parts cars I have laying around. I'd rather get the power one working if I can though.
I have a manual sunroof in the '83 that I drive daily, and a power one in the avatar car my wife drives daily. I like 'em both, but prefer the power one (much easier on my aching back.....lol )
Old 05-11-2005 | 08:08 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ha-ha, yeah I understand what you mean. I almost never tilt the roof though so it doesn't matter to me. I switched to manual because I don't like the concept of the over engineered system. Basically I am almost as contrary as Sid
Old 05-11-2005 | 08:18 PM
Granite 944
Addict
Rennlist Member

SID!........haven't seen or heard from ya here for ages! Good to see/hear from ya!
I'm gonna keep that write up of yours too!........just in case!
Old 05-11-2005 | 10:02 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Here are the different roof panels. Manual is white and the power one is black. Notice the fat aluminum bracing on the power panel
Attached Images    
Old 05-11-2005 | 10:20 PM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member

Napoleon
Veteran: Marine Corp

They must have done different versions. Because my manuel panel*is about midway between the two you show there. More bracing than the white one, but different than the black one.

Uou are nowhere near as contrary to me.

But just for you I'll let you in on my Dumbass story of the day concerning vehicles.

So I'm at this convention. I go to the Exploder to charge up the cell make some calls and have a smoke or two. Then I go to the elevator in the garage. Ooops forgot the notebook. HEad back to the exploder, get the notebook and lock the keys in the exploder, which I notice after I return to get the cigs I forgot.

So I end up going downstairs and asking for a coathanger. No way I'm getting it through the door seal. ONe of the back windows is slightly down, no door lock in the back. But I can see the keys lying on the back seat. So I end up hooking the key ring, bringing them up to the window pull it down a little and pull the keys through. Kind of had to see it but was pretty funny I was laughing the whole time.

*remember I replaced the panel with a manual one do to a typical dumbass move that got my power panel smashed.

Quick Reply: Late model Sunroof in Early Model 944?