Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm learning!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 10:12 PM
944.guy
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm learning!

Finally got in touch with the guy I bought my car from. He laughed and said that he figured I'd be calling him back, asking some questions. He suspose to be sending me a 'build sheet', whatever that is, for the car. I did find out that my car is an '86, that has been give the full turbo treatment from Lindley Racing. This guy did all the work himself and did a good job, from what little I know. When I get this sheet, I'll post it, and maybe some of you will be familar with this stuff and can trach me a few things. The car is maintenence free from what he told me. All the "belts" have been redone and it had a fresh oil change and lubrication. I did take the Haynes book back and exchanged it for a cool shift ***. If I have time, I can put it in tomorrow after work. Thanks for all the help. This is a great place. PS Anyone have an idea on how much horsepower and torque this monster is making? I forgot to ask the former owner.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:26 PM
icat
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 944.guy
I did take the Haynes book back and exchanged it for a cool shift ***. If I have time, I can put it in tomorrow after work. Thanks for all the help. This is a great place. PS Anyone have an idea on how much horsepower and torque this monster is making? I forgot to ask the former owner.
Best use ever for a Haynes manual.
A stock 86 turbo makes around 217 plus from the factory (later years make more). No telling what you have under the hood, so it would be difficult to say. You'll most likey need to do a dyno run to find out.

Quick Reply: I'm learning!