Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad deal with Paypal/ebay

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005 | 10:39 AM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

PayPal is not exactly the organization you want to deal with if *anything* goes haywire. I remember an interview with one of the founders on a financial news channel 5 years or so ago. One of the key components of their business model was to make it impossible for anyone to actually get ahold of them. This saved a lot of money as you didn't need customer service people to sort out problems.

This may have changed a little after FleaBay bought them out, but that is the mindset of these organizations. You really have to work hard to get any help from the clowns.
Old 05-10-2005 | 11:11 AM
lilredpo
Pro

The only PayPal transaction I ever got screwed on was the VALVE CAP GROUP BUY on Rennlist!!!
Old 05-10-2005 | 12:31 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Bought wheels, seller would not ship after I paid for them.
Talked to the that went no where.
Filed a dispute through paypal-by the way if you call and get a man they will treat you like a criminal, the women "Customer service reps" a million times better.(EVERY time I called, paypal had a different system for getting to a support rep)-dispute resolution
Called paypal every week for two months.(paypal and ebay in no way communicate with each other, even though they are the same company)I talked with the highest level supervisor I could and they said they don't even have a number for ebay-true or not we all know how hard it is to get to ebay-and in the end it does not matter because they don't do anything in conjuction with paypal!!
Finally they got me half of my money back....only because that was the amount in the account I paid into. They said they froze their account(s) and if they wanted to use paypal they had to pay me back. I have seen them do many auctions(including selling MY wheels) and have yet to receive a dime back.
Sooner than later I will just go to my credit card and deal with them for the remainder-as Paypal has fallen seriously short in their pledge!
Any lawyers here on rennlist smell a class action against:
Paypal
Ebay

Quick Reply: Bad deal with Paypal/ebay