Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Addicted to another car related activity

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 09:00 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Addicted to another car related activity

Well its not just wrenching and backroads anymore. I participated in a PCA autocross school today (my first driving event) and had a great time. Met some nice people and handed out a few Rennlist cards, hopefully those people come around.

It was on and off drizzling with steady rain later in the day. Was a great opportunity to spin and slide around turns without fear of hitting anything. Possibly my most memorable moment was on a S turn towards the end of the course. I came in a bit hot and the rear end stepped out a bit, got it back and imediatley turned the opposite direction for the next gate and the rear end came WAY around. A driver on cone duty at the end of the next turn ran for cover behind the nearest lamp post. I really was in no danger of even coming close to the guy, it must have been a bit discouraging however seeing my car completley sideways going through the turn with the wheels turned fairly far in the opposite direction countersteering. I couldnt help but laughing at the site of a man in a bright orange loaner helmet scrambling for cover. Amazingly, i hit no cones on that run!

Cant wait till tomorrows autocross! I have a new found love for my car now. Ive never really driven my car that hard before and im surprised how easy it is to throw into turns at the limit (and well beyond that). Throttle induced over-steer is way to much fun. I found myself giving it more gas than than needed after a few of the apexes.

Its a shame im missing out on two months of events while im over seas. Its atleast something to look foward to when i get back!

Old 04-30-2005, 09:31 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AutoX is alot of fun... You're story sounds a bit like mine (cept it wasnt raining for me.)

Quick Reply: Addicted to another car related activity