Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone seen these custom 944/951 shirts before?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 11:21 AM
meek
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haven't been on here for ages and was wondering if anyone had spotted them......I am the guy that is making them. Didn't post about them because I thought that would be regarded as a bit lame; especially when I am not a member. I own a '90 944 Turbo as my daily driver and when I started the T-Shirt making my first thoughts were 944 related designs; there is after all so little around for the water coolers.

Firstly, the process of manufacture does not involve transfers. It is a sublimation process, using a polyester carrier sheet for the ink, that heats the dyes into the fabric. The end result is supple and does not peel or crack like the old vinyl/transfer T-shirts. It can also be ironed directly.

Don't know why anyone thought the images were dodgy? They are pics of the actual shirts I have made. Maybe some people are just too supicious. I always thought that the English were the most pessimistic nation on Earth!

Lastly, no I don't have a license from Porsche. I am of a mind that they really don't care about the older models and I have taken great pains to avoid use of the emblem etc.

Anyhow, we do ship to the USA but with the current exchange rate you may all find the costs to much to justify.

All the best and happy motoring,

Adam.

Quick Reply: Has anyone seen these custom 944/951 shirts before?