Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Age shall not improve intelligence!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 01:40 AM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Ive been known to run the 951 through the car wash at times, but I only get the wash. I dont even let them dry it. The towels they use are like using sandpaper. My 951 has enough rock chips and bird **** acid stains however that I dont care a whole lot about potential added hair scratches or swirl marks. It will get repainted eventually.

I dont trust car washes however on a car with a good paint job. None of the products they use are worth a ****. Right down to the soap they use on the car. And what do queer-eyed straight-guyed 17yr old prickticklers making $6.85/hr know about your car. Not much.

The blokes at the hand-wash arent any better. They use the same **** and just do it by hand instead of by machine. They kill me when they grab those bigass brick sponges and dive into unsuspecting paint.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:42 AM
beeg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey
Went to the Cairns Porsche Club meeting today.
We had 5 people, 5 cars turn up. 2 x 84 944, 1 x 84 911 Carerra, 1 x 05 911 CarerraS, and 1 x BMW Z3 roadster (the porsche was broken!).
Awesome.
Nice drive, in convoy, up the mountain for coffee [944's leading of course!].
We got lots of funny looks! One guy nearly got whiplash! Seems Porsche's in convoy are not a normal occurrence!
Had a great time and drive. Don't tell my boss, because I'm 'sposed to be workin' today!
Apparently the club is trying to get regular access to a track at the Cairns Showgrounds for regular track days (1 per month in lieu of meetings!). I'm in!!!!! With driver tuition!!!! From an expert!!!!
BTW: followed the 05 911 all the way home. We live in the same suburb (although he's more upmarket than me! LOL). It is awesome! The moves he was pulling in traffic, I would be afraid to even contemplate!

Quick Reply: Age shall not improve intelligence!!!!!