Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice needed on Koni front struts / springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 11:33 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Advice needed on Koni front struts / springs

I am interested in buying a used (~5000 miles) set Koni coilovers and rear shocks for my 944, however i have a few questions before i decide whether to buy it or not.

The setup includes the Paragon modified front struts with the adjustable ride height coil over kit. I was planning on buying this after the summer, however this seems to be a pretty good deal now as its basically the exact setup i would have bought, except i would not have bought the adjustable ride height coil over kit, instead i would have just went with 200lb Weltmeister lowering springs. Im a little confused as to how the AHRK works, do i basically jack the car up (take compressing off the springs), and spin the lower spring perch until i have achieved the height i want?

Also the struts have the brake hose retaining clips cut off to make it easier to run braided lines. Is it safe to still run rubber lines without the clips, can i use zipties or something to secure the line to the strut?

Also the kit does not come with helper springs and the strut casing and springs were damaged (appears to just be cosmetic damage, mostly scracthed paint..click here for pics ) when the car was lowered and the springs not properly seated in the perches. Would i require spring compressors to add helper springs, or can this be done without them?

Whats the concensus on buying used suspension parts? Worth getting if you can verify the mileage? I sort of think its like putting on dirty underwear after you shower, but this setup seems to have relativley low mileage and it being almost exactly what i was going to buy for my car at about 1/2 the price.

Thanks .

Quick Reply: Advice needed on Koni front struts / springs