Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Argh 944's give me nothing but headaches

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 01:31 AM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Argh 944's give me nothing but headaches

The black pissed me off so we tore its *** up, the yellow is damn near ready to get torn up. The outside looks neat, the inside its a piece of CRAP, and by crap i mean TOTAL CRAP.

Ive been trying to fix it up, I bought door panels and put a stereo in, and I have a complete interior for it, BUT I CANT PUT IT IN!

IF I DID! IT WOULD ALL GET RUINED BECAUSE THE CAR LEAKS LIKE ONE OF THOSE FAT LADIES ON A TAMPAX COMMERCIAL.

I cant for the life of me figure out where the hatch is leaking, I know where the window is leaking but i cant find a replacement seal anywhere. I took the bitch into a carwash with this seal problem unknown, and oh man! I think I got more wet than the car did. There was a huge puddle in each of the doors, the rear seats were holding enough water for me to take a bath in. Whatever. It all just leaked out the rust holes. I guess I just wont buy seals for it so I can have a shower whenever it rains, and it just drains out the rust holes.

Then I tried to fix the rusty *** seats. They wouldnt move up or down or anywhere. I got the seats out of my black car and ganked the seat rails to swap.

All I have to say is direct replacement my ***. ARGH! Im just venting right now but I can say my 944 experience has not been beautiful. I feel like I should have kept the black. At least I would have been dry, regardless of how much oil it burnt. Hopefully the 951 will be a little bit better.
Old 04-23-2005, 01:51 AM
L8 APEKS
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On your next one, it might behoove you to spend the money on a car that doesn't need so much work...you might save a lot of frustration in the end!
Old 04-23-2005, 01:57 AM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Why is it just 944's though? I bought a piece of **** pontiac firebird that was older than my black car for half what my black car was worth.

The damn thing didnt have one problem with it. It didnt have powered windows that was about it. It was just about as quick, if not quicker than the black. It had more miles on it too. The A/C worked still. Go figure. I bet more than half of the 944's on the planet dont have working A/C.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:04 AM
bleucamaro
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats the beuty of foreign cars, they're a PITA. ITs a love-hate relationship. My mustang has more miles on it than my 944, and here, the 944 is torn apart in the garrage because of the stupidness of the design. I've never heard of a SOHC, or DOHC 4.6 needing a chain tensioner replaced, or needing timing belts replaced.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:07 AM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rock
. At least I would have been dry, regardless of how much oil it burnt. Hopefully the 951 will be a little bit better.
I really hope you dont think so. The 951's constantly have something fail, I just speant an entire winter putting my car back together, only to find that my rear suspension needs work, and my fuel rail/damper/regulator/lines need to be replaced.

Quick Reply: Argh 944's give me nothing but headaches