Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rennlist question... anyone.....?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 11:19 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rennlist question... anyone.....?

Somehow, when reformatting my hard drive, I'm now coming up on the Rennlist w/several probs..... first, I can't stay signed-in forever like I used too..... anyone?

second... the format seems to have changed- w.in the last two weeks.... ??? I used to be able to get a LIST of all forums on the left of my screen... I no longer get that.... also seemed to have a "post new topic" icon at bottom of reply posts, but, theres definately not one now.... anyone?

thanks
Robby
Old 04-21-2005, 11:21 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

What browser are you using?
https://rennlist.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70
will display this forum alone...
http://forums.rennlist.com
will display the tree as well.

HTH.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:40 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm using Explorer.... always used the same thing on the other HD for almost 3yrs though.... there are multiple addys or something b/c I remember this coming up long ago.... not sure why.,... just never had to worry b/c I had the way I wanted by default... anyway, no tree in the 2nd link you posted.... just a menu.....
Old 04-21-2005, 11:46 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

correct- it will give you the "tree" view. Explode whichever forum you want to view.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:54 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Hey Robby!

I'm not sure where you are getting "bofangued" - but Chris is right on....?? For example....

The Main Forum Site with a menu on the left.....

The Forums page without the Menu....

The main Rennlist Site - with the Forums linked on another menu which looks different (since it is )...

Let us know if these are what you are looking for, OK???

Best to you!

John D.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:28 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

No guys- what I'm talking about is when one is on the particular forum they want to be on, there is a menu at the LEFT, sort of like the "tree" you are referring too, only, it has a black background & ALL of the forums are there- they are listed by category & each individual forum is underneath....

also, it seems to be much tougher to get back & forth now.... EX: I get an e-mail telling me I have a reply to a post- I click on the link IN the e-mail to go TO the post... Then, the only option I have when scrolling is to go to the "post reply" at the bottom- there is no "Post New thread" icon, NOR is there a scroll list at the side (like I mentioned above) to take me to the beginning of the forumn itself (that saaid thread is in), etc....

I know this has to be a "setting" thing, but, two weeks ago, I don't remember having to do anything but click a forum icon (while in a thread) to get back to the actual forum itself... does this make sense...? I've been screwing w/this computer so much the last few days I'm probably not making sense... I know it's a good bit dif than it was two weeks ago though..... if I could just make sense of it.....

thanks

****sorry- just edited- in first paragraph I said menu at "right" & it is supposed to be as above- "menu at LEFT".....*****

Quick Reply: Rennlist question... anyone.....?