Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

West Coast Wrenchers' Track Car!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 09:41 PM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup, sure, I can be a "Grid Girl"

Someone has to drive home, too, lol.

- Julie
Old 04-21-2005, 12:12 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"1) Track rental. Corner Workers? Safety vehicles? Without these I would not attend any track day. "

That's part of the fee they charge.

"2) Don't jump into racing before you are ready. I have seen a few folks do this. Some times it results in them being quite slow (10 seconds off the pace) and other times multiple wrecked cars."

yeah, there's a lot of practice that you need to get down a little at a time. Most people think it's just driving fast like DE or time-trials. but throw them into a wild pack moving at the same speed with people boxing them in on 6 sides, and it's a completely different experience. It's no longer you and the track, everything you do is based on what the other guys are doing, the track's almost irrelevant. You do everything based upon where the other guys are, where you are in relation to them, using their eyes as your eyes, etc. and that's hard for a lot of people to pick up. But that's part of the fun with racing.. .

"PS.. you can also simply sign up for a NASA DE day too. Cost is less per person and you get plenty of track time. Also the 944-spec racers will be there too."

Good point. We can probably assemble en-masse at some event and let someone else take care of all the logistics...
Old 04-21-2005, 12:57 AM
L8 APEKS
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My old club would rent out Spring Mountain Motorsports Park in Pahrump, NV about 4 times a year.

See www.bragg-smith.com for a track layout. 2.2 mile circuit.

With 30 ppl, the cost was about 250/weekend, and you got more wheel time than you could possibly ask for. HOURS each day. You would almost be too tired to drive come Sunday afternoon! I could give them a call and see what the rates would be like, I'm sure it's about the same. It really is a fun track!!!

Quick Reply: West Coast Wrenchers' Track Car!