Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post 1002

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 10:26 AM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts
Default Post 1002

This was supposed to be a recognition of my 1000th post to rennlist but,,,well close enough. I realize that I really could not have enjoyed owning my Pcar if not for all the info and idvice from others on this board and I would like to thank everyone present and past for sharing their good news and horror stories. Thanks to Brendan for pointing out my 999th posting. BTW Brendan the ZRi's are available in 17s. The best way to find them is from the ZRi Firestone home page where you can find a dealer closest to you. Thats how I did it. Well until yesterday, when I asked my next door neighbor who is a sales rep for a tire wholesaler what he thought of ZRi's. He said for the money they are an excellent tire, do you want me to bring a set home? Well, yes. The clutch is the single biggest issue now and I've gotten prices from $1700 to $ 2800 from garages and $ 850 price for a complete kit from Frank at Porschapart. For that king of spread I believe i'm going to get aquainted with the underside of my car. Besides it seems that changing a clutch on our cars is a rite of passage. Again, thanks everyone, I may be drawing on your collective knowledge in the near future.
Old 04-17-2005, 04:03 PM
Friendan
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Jim, no problem!
Thanks for the advice, I'm going to look into those tires, they seem to be very well received on this board and they are affordable.
I know the clutch replacement is uber expensive on these cars, but if you're willing to do it yourself, it would be great experience!
$850 seems like alot for the clutch kit...have you sourced any sites in the States like Paragon or others? Perhaps with exchange rate, duty, and tax etc it might not be worth it, I dunno...
Good luck! And hey, got any pictures of your car???

Quick Reply: Post 1002