Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission cooler questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 12:53 AM
Scootin159
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Transmission cooler questions

The transmission cooling coil has two rubber seals that seal the coil to the transmission case On my car one is 'gone' and the other looks to have been replaced with silicone bathroom sealer.

I know the proper technique would be to order the Porsche OE parts and put them in, problem is that every dealer I've called (does anybody know any that stock an excessive amount of parts?) says it'll be at least 5 days before they can get them in. Normally 5 days would be a non-issue, but Hershey's in 6 days and I don't want to put the transmission in until this issue is resolved.

So my question is....would the bathroom sealer trick actually work? If I were to do that, could I reasonably expcet it to work a good amount of time....or would I just be draining the fluid again in a year because the sealer blew out in no time. I want to drive my car to Hershey, but at the same time don't want to ruin my transmission trying.

Quick Reply: Transmission cooler questions